IGNORED

Ghostbusters

Fiale

Just seen it, a pretty good film.

McKinnon acts as if she is in a different reality to the others, a strange idiosyncrasy when compared to how the others are acting their parts. It works great and she steals the film with her performance.

The film is pretty decent, not the best film of 2016, but pretty solid. They have obvious cut a lot to appease people, the possessed dance scene is cut, some of the gags we saw in the trailers did not make it. The film is overall pretty much inoffensive.

I enjoyed it, certainly sets up the next film nicely.

3 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I can never see the point of remakes, unless the original came out in 1924, or something. They are usually shit.

Yeah would prefer them to have carried on progressing the story, but unfortunately we have no real influence over such things. If you liked the original then you will like this though, and hopefully it will enable them to expand on what they have set up in a Ghostbusters universe that can expand.

My 2 favourite films ever are ghostbusters (1984) and back to the future. Bob zemeckis has said he will never allow bttf to be remade or rebooted. Needless to say, I expect when he dies, his body will still be warm when the vultures start circling.

I refuse to watch this new one. All the trailers look god awful, the reddit leak was by all accounts correct (hence the reshots and major cuts) 

Maybe I'll watch it when it comes out on terrestrial in 10 years time. I just have no time for it right now If you like it, so be it. That is your own opinion. It just did not need to be made.

What has annoyed me though.

The lovers have manipulated rotten tomatoes and the haters have manipulated imdb. So it's one of the best films ever on one and it's the worst film on the other.... one article I read this morning basically may as well said that it makes the shawshank redemption look like Debbie does Dallas. That I doubt very much. 

Another I saw ripped it to shreds yet gave it 3/5?!?!?!?! What??????? 

Money talks at the end of the day. By this time next week, the USA and Canada would have had it in their cinemas. 

45 minutes ago, The Batman said:

My 2 favourite films ever are ghostbusters (1984) and back to the future. Bob zemeckis has said he will never allow bttf to be remade or rebooted. Needless to say, I expect when he dies, his body will still be warm when the vultures start circling.

I refuse to watch this new one. All the trailers look god awful, the reddit leak was by all accounts correct (hence the reshots and major cuts) 

Maybe I'll watch it when it comes out on terrestrial in 10 years time. I just have no time for it right now If you like it, so be it. That is your own opinion. It just did not need to be made.

What has annoyed me though.

The lovers have manipulated rotten tomatoes and the haters have manipulated imdb. So it's one of the best films ever on one and it's the worst film on the other.... one article I read this morning basically may as well said that it makes the shawshank redemption look like Debbie does Dallas. That I doubt very much. 

Another I saw ripped it to shreds yet gave it 3/5?!?!?!?! What??????? 

Money talks at the end of the day. By this time next week, the USA and Canada would have had it in their cinemas. 

Shame because if you liked the original you would like this version. I heard a lot of the talk about the film but was willing to give it a fair hearing and it's a decent film. It's not the best thing ever, but it's good enough to pass the torch on for a new Ghostbusters franchise. There is talk of a all male version to be made with them teaming up another city, and then joining forces against bigger threats in future - so I guess whether this film is seen as a failure or success we will at least see the franchise move forward now. 

10 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Shame because if you liked the original you would like this version. I heard a lot of the talk about the film but was willing to give it a fair hearing and it's a decent film. It's not the best thing ever, but it's good enough to pass the torch on for a new Ghostbusters franchise. There is talk of a all male version to be made with them teaming up another city, and then joining forces against bigger threats in future - so I guess whether this film is seen as a failure or success we will at least see the franchise move forward now. 

Fair enough, but it just looked so bad.

The female thing meant nothing to me, it could have been Adam Sandler and his ilk (spade, Hart, sneider etc) and I'd be saying the same thing. I mean come on, the power of Patty compels you??? Say hello to my little friend???? Any other shitty* recycled lines from 40 years ago in this film??

It should have been left alone. Why can't movie producers just come up with something new?? 

As far as I'm aware, the computer game from 2009 (better graphics than the cgi shite in this film) was GB 3. And that storyline was great.

It's like a spoof of a scary movie film. 

*Edit. Predictive text said shirty 

Archived