IGNORED

City Agree Fee For Rangers Steve Maclean

bristolcity

Nothing on official site, have City even said he is the 'mystry striker' yet?

Edit, you are getting texted while I am typing! You can't blame me for being doubtful after some of the rumours flying around.

It seems as it's true, great news, now what do we know about him? Is he the player that was loaned to Scunny from Rangers, or is that someone else?

Guest M:KeE

Hi all,

This is my first post but I have just had an official text from BCFC saying that City have agreed a fee with Rangers for Steve McLean, although City face competition from 2 other sides. No mention of who these are though unfortunately!?!?!?

Cheers

Guest Champagne Football
No fee mentioned on text, Undiclosed perhaps :city:
It will be undisclosed, especially until we sign him. We wouldn't want to make our bid public to competitors, who could match it and price bid us.

There was a story on the rangers site saying it was us and hull interested yesterday. I'm guessing the other club is sheffield wednesday.

2 other clubs? -hmmmm, do we feel lucky? :city:

Hope he doesn't go to Wednesday even if he rejects us.

Guest Champagne Football
2 other clubs? -hmmmm, do we feel lucky? :city:

Hope he doesn't go to Wednesday even if he rejects us.

I doubt he will go to Wednesday, Link. Apparently they are going to sign Taylor from Blackpool, it seems with Peacock going there as well that they probably will not go in for another striker. So it could well be between us and Hull.

It will be undisclosed, especially until we sign him. We wouldn't want to make our bid public to competitors, who could match it and price bid us.
Yes, of course you are right.

I got a bit ahead of myself for a moment then. I should have learnt by now that no deal is done 'till all is signed and sealed. :city:

Well, if Peaky is on the way to Sheff weds. I'm guessing it's will just be between us and Hull.

No contest

You'd think not :P , there again Sheffield and Hull are alot closer to Glasgow, and he may not be too encouraged by Lee Miller's progress down here.

I doubt he will go to Wednesday, Link. Apparently they are going to sign Taylor from Blackpool, it seems with Peacock going there as well that they probably will not go in for another striker. So it could well be between us and Hull.

Well, if it's supposedly not Wednesday, who are the mystery third club?

Could be anyone, better to know your enemies. :city:

WHy did we annopunce the Mcphee fee if we didnt want our competitors to be able to match our bid??

Sometimes no announcement ont eh fee means it is a large fee or a small fee. It is kept undisclosed because if it is large City would not want to alarm fans they are overspending but if it is small Rangers fans would not be too happy at losing a player for a cheap price.

Tombc######, what sort of player is maclean? Why will he be a waste of money and how many times have you seen him play?
He does work hard but he aint the player that would do well with heffernan he can get goals but scrappy goals and he doesnt win alot in the air.I have seen him play 2 times last season at s****horpe and both times he was the best player but he was nothing special.

WHy did we announce the Mcphee and heffernan fee if we didnt want our competitors to be able to match our bid??

Sometimes no announcement on the fee means it is a large fee or a small fee. It is kept undisclosed because if it is large, City would not want to alarm fans they are overspending but if it is small, Rangers fans would not be too happy at losing a player for a cheap price.

In Hulls favour is he knows the area as S****horpe isn't to far away. I'm not sure if we can compete with the wages that Sheff Wed are offering as we've seen with Lee Peacock. Mind you we said the same 12 months ago when we were after Lee Miller that we couldn't compete with Wigan but we got him.

Fingers crossed!

Guest Champagne Football
In Hulls favour is he knows the area as S****horpe isn't to far away. I'm not sure if we can compete with the wages that Sheff Wed are offering as we've seen with Lee Peacock.
Everyone keeps going on about we couldn't compete with Wednesday for Peacock's wages. Come on people, I suspect we could have, they are £22million in debt, it is obvious Tinnion doesn't want him and so he offered Leapy a less lucrative contract that he was bound to reject.

As for Maclean, I will need convincing when we already have 5 very good strikers on our books.

Come on people, I suspect we could have, they are £22million in debt, it is obvious Tinnion doesn't want him and so he offered Leapy a less lucrative contract that he was bound to reject.
Industrial sabotage?

/strokes chin

I have been saying for a couple of days that we will sign him.

I believe the fee is around 100k with add ons (cheap but he's out of contract next year).

Hull have just signed Delroy Facey and are not as interested as they were and Wednesday are hoping to sign Scott Taylor from Blackpool.

Which leaves us.

Maybe a press confrence on Friday. :city:

Archived