IGNORED

Yeovil friendly

bradshaw

59 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

I think this loses something in the translation...

بريستول سيتي ( الشوط الثاني ) : أودونيل، أيلينغ ، فلينت، ويليامز، غولبورن، برونهيل، باك، فريمان، أرمينتيروس، أجارد، ويلبراهام. #BristolCity

Translated from Arabic by BingWrong translation?

Bristol City (second half): O'Donnell, Ealing, Flint, Williams, golbourne, bronhil, Buck, Freeman, armenteros, AGARD, weilbraham. #BristolCity

0 retweets1 like

Retweet

More

And there was me thinking it was Rovers who are the talk of the Arab world. 

Great first half, can tell O'Neil will be a key player for us this season. One slight worry was Kodjia was moping about a bit even though he scored. Hope I'm not reading too much between the lines.

Second half was a typical friendly match, got the win in the end and a run out so that's what matters.

And a special mention for Garita who has to be one of the worst players I have ever seen. We should sue Cotterill for £50,000.

10 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Great first half, can tell O'Neil will be a key player for us this season. One slight worry was Kodjia was moping about a bit even though he scored. Hope I'm not reading too much between the lines.

Second half was a typical friendly match, got the win in the end and a run out so that's what matters.

And a special mention for Garita who has to be one of the worst players I have ever seen. We should sue Cotterill for £50,000.

I'm a bit surprised LJ is taking him to La Manga, but leaving Dowling behind. Thought it should be the other way around myself. 

6 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

Anybody else shed any light on this? Seriously do hope you're looking way too much into it.

It's the first friendly of the year, real one anyway. I think we were making a conscious effort to have possession. Kodjia was getting more involved and dropping deep to help out a bit. He wasn't in the box as much as a result. I think he's reading a bit too much into a friendly against Yeovil. He didn't look spectacular last preseason if I'm remembering right. I'm not worried about him in the slightest. 

O'Dowda looked wonderful but against a team and level he'd be accustomed to. 

Freeman looks the same player as last year so far this summer. Granted he had the 4 assists against Hengrove but he over dribbled a bit in that game as well and was stripped of the ball then and again today. 

We seemed to run everything through Marlon Pack today. He's looked so good in the two friendlies. Hard to judge though because championship won't afford him so much time on the ball but he's always passing and moving to get open again. Always wants the ball and as unfairly scapegoated as he was last year, I think he is a class midfielder. Will we see more Pack than Smith this year? I wouldn't be surprised but I think both will be vital either way. 

One last thing, I've been saying I'd be ok with Ayling and Little as our RBs, after today I think they need some work. Little was fantastic beating his man and getting forward but he made a few defensive mistakes that would've cost us goals at our level. Lost his man on a FK and let his man cut inside and get a shot off are two I remember. Then Ayling also didn't defend with confidence in the second half when he was asked to. Still early though. Still time to improve and it's probably just a shock getting back to league football speed

Very good first half, poor second. O'neil is top signing and Tomlin completely ran the show again. We deffo need another striker though as Wilbs and Agard will play little part and Garita is hopeless. As Wes was sent North i can only assume we have already signed a front man. Jimmy was quiet today but played the most part out wide and had little joy/service when he moved inside. He needs a partner!

1 hour ago, P'head Red said:

I'm a bit surprised LJ is taking him to La Manga, but leaving Dowling behind. Thought it should be the other way around myself. 

I heard Garitta looked lost today so Ditto if true. Obviously we don't see them in training or know about any knocks etc but with one of LJ's major remits being blooding the academy kids that seems very strange. Thought it would have been a great oportunity for his further development

50 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

It's the first friendly of the year, real one anyway. I think we were making a conscious effort to have possession. Kodjia was getting more involved and dropping deep to help out a bit. He wasn't in the box as much as a result. I think he's reading a bit too much into a friendly against Yeovil. He didn't look spectacular last preseason if I'm remembering right. I'm not worried about him in the slightest. 

O'Dowda looked wonderful but against a team and level he'd be accustomed to. 

Freeman looks the same player as last year so far this summer. Granted he had the 4 assists against Hengrove but he over dribbled a bit in that game as well and was stripped of the ball then and again today. 

We seemed to run everything through Marlon Pack today. He's looked so good in the two friendlies. Hard to judge though because championship won't afford him so much time on the ball but he's always passing and moving to get open again. Always wants the ball and as unfairly scapegoated as he was last year, I think he is a class midfielder. Will we see more Pack than Smith this year? I wouldn't be surprised but I think both will be vital either way. 

One last thing, I've been saying I'd be ok with Ayling and Little as our RBs, after today I think they need some work. Little was fantastic beating his man and getting forward but he made a few defensive mistakes that would've cost us goals at our level. Lost his man on a FK and let his man cut inside and get a shot off are two I remember. Then Ayling also didn't defend with confidence in the second half when he was asked to. Still early though. Still time to improve and it's probably just a shock getting back to league football speed

Just back…pretty much agree with all of this. A few additional thoughts:

Kodjia - looked fine to me, bit out of it for periods but took his goal well, and cheerful in the warm up.

Pack - was being asked to run the show - did so pretty well

Tomlin - class…pulling all the strings. Really missed his creativity in the second half.

O'Neil - found space and time and very good on the ball, when he ran with the ball he created space for others around him.

O'Dowda - on the far side to us but confident, swift, took men on and beat them. Switched sides at times. Looks a great prospect.

Brownhill - likewise, confident, trying things, comfortable on the ball, lively.

The trialist - Armenteros - played second half, linked play well, didn't have many opportunities with the ball at his feet but looked neat and hit the bar with what I assume was a cross.

Less impressive…Williams, distribution lets him down. Freeman…dear me, did anything go right for him?…must be very frustrated cos it certainly frustrating to watch him running up cul-de-sacs and beating the same man twice before losing the ball! Garita…had a one on one and more or less passed it to the keeper. A long way to go. Enormous chap, not a bad first touch but very raw.

Good City turn out.

14 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Kodjia - looked fine to me, bit out of it for periods but took his goal well, and cheerful in the warm up.

Tomlin - class…pulling all the strings. Really missed his creativity in the second half.

O'Neil - found space and time and very good on the ball, when he ran with the ball he created space for others around him.

O'Dowda - on the far side to us but confident, swift, took men on and beat them. Switched sides at times. Looks a great prospect.

Brownhill - likewise, confident, trying things, comfortable on the ball, lively.

The trialist - Armenteros - played second half, linked play well, didn't have many opportunities with the ball at his feet but looked neat and hit the bar with what I assume was a cross.

Less impressive…Williams, distribution lets him down. Freeman…dear me, did anything go right for him?…must be very frustrated cos it certainly frustrating to watch him running up cul-de-sacs and beating the same man twice before losing the ball! Garita…had a one on one and more or less passed it to the keeper. A long way to go. Enormous chap, not a bad first touch but very raw.

Good City turn out.

Yup. Williams decent defender and a good athlete for a centre half. Should be good cover and he can still get better at 23. Garita actually surprised me with his touch, runs and dribbling. Composure and clinical finishing however, he is quite some way away from those traits being even close to acceptable. He's still young and at 50k it's no great loss of money. Hopefully he gets better. 

31 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Maybe Dowling is off on loan somewhere hence why we're not taking him to La Manga

Dowling is still very young, and would be better off getting plenty of minutes for the Dev Squad in Ireland. We've signed several midfielders and I doubt heLF get more than a cameo at the mo.  Let him keep training with the first team when they return.

1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

Good City turn out.

Thanks Steve.

I guess the judgement on Armenteros is twofold, firstly can we accommodate him within the wage structure, which of course depends more on how many others we intend to bring in than any likelihood that he will be looking for a fortune to sign for us.

Secondly, is he any better than Agard, because if he isn't then we shouldn't be looking to add him to the squad.

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Thanks Steve.

I guess the judgement on Armenteros is twofold, firstly can we accommodate him within the wage structure, which of course depends more on how many others we intend to bring in than any likelihood that he will be looking for a fortune to sign for us.

Secondly, is he any better than Agard, because if he isn't then we shouldn't be looking to add him to the squad.

Hard to tell tbh. They played very different roles today…Agard was on the shoulder of the last man, trying to break onto through passes that never really came…where Armenteros played wide. Hard to judge whether that is his best position. He's obviously an experienced professional and comfortable on the ball.

What was perhaps more notable up front in the second half (when in truth we didn't play all that well as a team compared to the first) was how good Wilbs was at winning the ball, holding and releasing.

Archived