IGNORED

Demba Ba breaks leg (graphic scenes)

Tipps

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Jesus that is horrible. Didn`t look a bad tackle, he just twisted and fell awkwardly to me.

Got a little kick mid twist / a little leg tangle while turning, just shows that something so innocuous can ruin something so badly!!

3 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Got a little kick mid twist / a little leg tangle while turning, just shows that something so innocuous can ruin something so badly!!

I think you`re right. I sometimes think of players as the same as racehorses in a way - finely tuned machines that can be easily damaged by something trivial.

Awful injury. Quite a few years ago now, but didn't Villa buy someone in the summer - Luc Nilis (?), who went on to break his leg in the first game of (or very early into it) the season? Toes were almost touching his shin if I remember rightly? Not sure he played again.

Similar note, Luke Shaw made an appearance for Man Utd over the weekend after his awful break last season. That's what Ba needs to look at, the return is possible, just don't do it too early.

10 hours ago, Taz said:

Awful injury. Quite a few years ago now, but didn't Villa buy someone in the summer - Luc Nilis (?), who went on to break his leg in the first game of (or very early into it) the season? Toes were almost touching his shin if I remember rightly? Not sure he played again.

Similar note, Luke Shaw made an appearance for Man Utd over the weekend after his awful break last season. That's what Ba needs to look at, the return is possible, just don't do it too early.

Yep Luc Nilis broke his leg in his third game for Villa in 2000 - clashed with Richard Wright, Ipswich keeper, never played again.

That was a real shame - he was a very decent player, great scoring record.

Hope Ba can come back from his injury but it doesn't look good at this early stage...

Archived