IGNORED

Congratulations to Reading FC

phantom

• Admin

I wonder how many clubs will follow suit?

Supporter appeal heard as matchday ticket prices announced at Madejski Stadium

The Football Supporters Federation launched a ‘Twenty’s Plenty’ campaign in recent years, designed to limit adult away ticket prices at stadia across the country. 

And in recognising and rewarding the amazing contribution that fans make to the atmosphere at all EFL grounds, Reading Football Club have wholeheartedly backed the Twenty’s Plenty campaign for visiting supporters at Madejski Stadium in 2016-17. 

Next season travelling adult fans, who are Season Ticket holders or Members at their respective clubs, will be able to come and watch their team take on Jaap Stam’s Royals for just £20! 

Not only that, but our home adult supporters will also be able to purchase matchday tickets for just £20 in 2016-17, a lowering in ticket price that ensures we are directly rewarding Reading supporters with the same ‘Twenty’s Plenty’ reduction in the newly-named Eamonn Dolan Stand. 

And there’s more! Concession matchday member prices have also been significantly reduced for both home and away fans! Supporters aged between 18-24 will pay as little as £10 for a Madejski Stadium matchday ticket bought in advance, while those members aged 65 and over can come and take in a Royals game for a price of just £13! And all fans, home and away, aged 17 and under will be able to secure a matchday ticket for a Royals game for just a fiver next season! 

“At Madejski Stadium, we have always aimed to make football as affordable as possible for supporters of all ages as we recognise the considerable commitment fans make to our club,” explained Commercial Director Adam Benson. 

“In union with a considerable reduction in Season Ticket prices in The Eamonn Dolan Stand this season, we have decided to lower the cost of matchday tickets, offering advance members ticket prices for adults at £20 for 2016-17. 

“And by also capping the price of advance away tickets bought by all travelling members and Season Ticket Holders who visit our South Stand this season, it will be more affordable for away supporters to come to Madejski Stadium. We expect and encourage other clubs to follow our lead, allowing Royals fans to also benefit from reasonable ticket pricing when they journey up and down the country this season and beyond.” 

Applying a ‘Twenty’s Plenty’ policy and reducing our matchday ticket prices even further for so many of our supporters means, as a club, we are actively helping football become even more affordable for fans – both home and away – in 2016-17. 

This is a pricing strategy which demonstrates that Reading Football Club are listening to its supporters and football fans across the country – and we hope it will be a structure which other clubs will admire and adopt. 

We fully anticipate other clubs will follow suit and reciprocal pricing arrangements to be put in place across the country, which will ultimately benefit Royals fans on the road as well. That is our ultimate aim. 

Fans are the beating heart of football and those who follow their team home and away should be appreciated. We hope ‘Twenty’s Plenty’ and a pioneering matchday ticket pricing policy takes one step in the right direction…

Because they are so close to London, perhaps it's a marketing exercise to get some to stay in their home town for football?

Personally. as an over 65, I am very satisfied with my ST in S22 at £259. Coupled with the fact that I have a dual football and rugby at £371 for a total of 37 home games, I'm well pleased. 

But given that, I do understand how costs can mount up for parents with children who want to attack the refreshment kiosks.

• Admin
46 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Because they are so close to London, perhaps it's a marketing exercise to get some to stay in their home town for football?

There are many examples of clubs reducing not only their own pricing structure but also making reciprocal agreements with another club on reducing prices for away fans

The FSF's "Twentys Plenty" campaign is slowly starting to take affect 

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Yes Yes Yes. All away fans at Ashton Gate should pay 20 for adults and 10 for under 18s and over 65s. No need for reciprocal agreements as we should just set an example and eventually others will follow. #TwentyIsPlentyUnlessYourANause  

Except Cardiff ! :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Yes Yes Yes. All away fans at Ashton Gate should pay 20 for adults and 10 for under 18s and over 65s. No need for reciprocal agreements as we should just set an example and eventually others will follow. #TwentyIsPlentyUnlessYourANause  

It shouldn't be a club led initiative. It should be a league rule. 

6 hours ago, shelts said:

I gotta feeling we won't go anywhere near it .....I could be proved Wong 

A bit of Chinese blood in the family then shelts?

Archived