IGNORED

Peter Odemwingie

AshtonGreat

I imagine his wages would be astronomical for what would essentially be a bit-part player. Would have though LJ & Mark Ashton would have believed there was / is much better value out there.

I know he spent a fair chunk of his time with us injured, however I got the impression he wasn't that highly regarded by Lee anyhow.....

2 hours ago, HLR said:

I imagine his wages would be astronomical for what would essentially be a bit-part player. Would have though LJ & Mark Ashton would have believed there was / is much better value out there.

I know he spent a fair chunk of his time with us injured, however I got the impression he wasn't that highly regarded by Lee anyhow.....

His wages will be what someone is willing to pay him.  At his age, with his ability in decline, that doesn't necessarily mean "astronomical".  Never understood on this forum why it is always assumed that a well-known name or former PL player would continue to be able to demand the salary they once did.

41 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Something clearly went on in his time down here, would have had more game time otherwise. 

I find that hard to believe considering he played consistently until our survival was confirmed.

Personally I thought he was excellent for us.

I think LJ thought the moment we survived there was no need to play him....as we needed to prepare the squad for next season.

3 minutes ago, Londoner said:

I find that hard to believe considering he played consistently until our survival was confirmed.

Personally I thought he was excellent for us.

I think LJ thought the moment we survived there was no need to play him....as we needed to prepare the squad for next season.

Cant remember him playing more than two full games ? And then only 2 or 3 very limited sub appearances. Dont think we were safe before he was surprisingly dropped from the squad and especially after impressing in his short time on the pitch as you say. I am convinced things turned sour off the pitch but we'll never know of course. water under bridge now though and all parties appear to have moved on so all good.

I remember reading on here someone saying that he wanted to stay in the north due to his child's schooling. That's the most logical explanation why Rotherham.

Didn't Odemwingie say he'd happily play in league 1 if needed? Presumably at a northern club. Seems like he just wants to play for enjoyment now, doesn't need the money so much or upheaval to his children's lives that a move would create. 

Archived