IGNORED

Steve Bruce quits Hull

Chalkie

50 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

Could he be off to Sunderland perhaps?

Or then again Argentina said to be after Pochetino so Spurs might have a vacancy to fill:shocking:

There are conflicting reports, but apparently Bruce was told by the owners that he'd only be given around £15m to spend on transfers this year, and that this summer the club only wanted to sign free players.

A lot of people give him shit, but I think Bruce has done better than most would at Hull. The real problem with that club is the owner.

2 hours ago, EnderMB said:

There are conflicting reports, but apparently Bruce was told by the owners that he'd only be given around £15m to spend on transfers this year, and that this summer the club only wanted to sign free players.

A lot of people give him shit, but I think Bruce has done better than most would at Hull. The real problem with that club is the owner.

I work with a handful (literally; five) of Hull fans, several of whom have a little bit of knowledge thanks to either knowing current or ex-players up there.

No knowledge the exact numbers, but they are pretty convinced the owners have little interest in investing in the team, and essentially expected Bruce to make do.

They were saying the Hull owners were delighted Bruce was on the England shortlist, as might have got a decent payout in compo for someone who didn't really want to be there.

Not a job for the faint hearted; expect a young recent ex-player who can be pushed about, or coach from abroad the owners feel able to 'direct'.

The club supposedly put takeover talks on hold until after this transfer window shuts, having supposedly been up for sale for the last 2 years!!

Something clearly wrong there, I read today that they weren't really interested in giving Bruce any transfer funds because of the fact of not knowing what was happening at the club, with regards to who would own the club & who would be the manager but I've got to be honest, if we had just got promotion to The Premier League and a list of candidates for the managers job that reads as Neil Warnock, Steve McLaren, Mike Phealan, Ryan Giggs, Roy Keane & Tim Sherwood, it would make me think that we were in the shit!!

Hardly awe inspiring to say the least.

And they seem to have very few players & those they do have seem to adding to an already long injury list & not just a week injured here or there but multiple month long injuries.

Yet another foreign owned club that seems like a complete shambles of a club!!

On 22 July 2016 at 18:02, samo II said:

I work with a handful (literally; five) of Hull fans, several of whom have a little bit of knowledge thanks to either knowing current or ex-players up there.

No knowledge the exact numbers, but they are pretty convinced the owners have little interest in investing in the team, and essentially expected Bruce to make do.

They were saying the Hull owners were delighted Bruce was on the England shortlist, as might have got a decent payout in compo for someone who didn't really want to be there.

Not a job for the faint hearted; expect a young recent ex-player who can be pushed about, or coach from abroad the owners feel able to 'direct'.

I work in an office full of them (one of whom is in a self-imposed exile until Allam leaves). They're pretty much all saying the same thing. Bruce would've been expected to work on a shoestring budget & bring in players on frees. One lad has had a bet on Hull beating the record for the lowest no of points (is it Derby who currently hold that record?).

Archived