IGNORED

Kieran Agard to MK (confirmed)

EmersonsRed

From MK Dons fans forum. For what it is worth. Odd to think if true they could have Agard and Maynard up front...

i'm at the game now and as players are warming up Robbo brought out new signing.

He was shaking hands with everyone and Winkie came out and embraced him.

Definately Kieran Agard so must be over the line now.

http://www.concreteroundabout.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=17984

Were playing in Newport.

10 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

And Lansdown laughing his head off to the bank with that price.

Think it will be half that, but have to say never minded Agard. Proper League 1 striker, and would rather him than Garita by a country mile at the moment to flesh out some squad cover.

Wish him well.

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Think it will be half that, but have to say never minded Agard. Proper League 1 striker, and would rather him than Garita by a country mile at the moment to flesh out some squad cover.

Wish him well.

Yeah definitely better than Garita, Agard is a 100% performer every time he plays.

Only thing with him is I dont see him as an out and out striker, not a natural goalscorer

9 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

We'd do very well to get that much, would be surprised if it's £500,000, I think more like 350-400.

Spot on.

They sold McFadzean to Burton a few weeks back so do have some funds to invest, as you say somewhere around £350-£400k seems highly likely.

Good move all round, he joins a club likely to do well at the level that best suits him, whereas we get some money back before his contract expires next summer.

12 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

He's Been part of two promotion winning teams with us and Rotherham from that league and we paid about £800,000 for him so we got to get our money back  at least . 

I think this is spot on. It's like buying a Ross McCormack - he might not cut it level above but you know he's going to be prolific in the league that you're in. I think he has a value and he'll maintain that value to a League One side.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think that 'club record fee' thing they say on that board is a running joke because their fees are perpetually 'undisclosed '. A bit like Curbishley's houses or Avon Gorge Hotel and other hilarious things you find on here.

A running joke?

Actually no. I'm not going to go there. 

3 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Isn't he in the last year of his contract with us ? If so we will be lucky to get £250,000.

But isn't it about supply and demand. The length of his contract is irrelevant. If they want him now (which they clearly seem to) then they pay what they/we think is right.

If that's £800,000 or £1.65m then so be it.

22 minutes ago, Sargent Pepper said:

Most likely a loan according to Sean Taylor (journalist) on twitter

I also read that somewhere - but it does not make sense unless there is a large loan fee to be paid.  If KA is in the last year of his contract, by the time he returned in January, he would be in the last few months with an even lower value in the market.  If this is true, there is something else we are not being told.

4 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I also read that somewhere - but it does not make sense unless there is a large loan fee to be paid.  If KA is in the last year of his contract, by the time he returned in January, he would be in the last few months with an even lower value in the market.  If this is true, there is something else we are not being told.

Could just be the case that we want him off the wage bill and there are no suitors that will take him permantly but MK Dons are willing to pay his wages.

Archived