IGNORED

Premier League 2 - no relegation !?

Meh

WTF is that about? This is a disaster surely for clubs likes ours.

How are we ever going to build a strong academy line when all of the players 23 and under will want to join one of these teams?

What happens to us or any other championship club who gets promoted who are not in the current 24 elite academies? Do we still have to try and nurture young talent in the under 21 league?

No relegation is a massive blow for every team who wants to build from youth but just happen not to be at the level yet. Elitist and wrong !!

Or have I misunderstood something?

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

gertside wanted this 10 years ago and it got laughed out of the room, it will again

Apparently starting next year - on sky sports app now

Looks more like a done deal than a possibility

3 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Needless hysteria hits OTIB once again.....

Sorry - what is needless?

I take it you are fine that we are trying to develop our youth set-up but they will never actually be able to compete at the highest level - you think that is ok for making us an attractive proposition?

4 minutes ago, Neo said:

Sorry - what is needless?

I take it you are fine that we are trying to develop our youth set-up but they will never actually be able to compete at the highest level - you think that is ok for making us an attractive proposition?

What are you banging on about?

Premier League 2 is a youth competition. 

If we go for the top tier of academy in the future then we too will be able to play in this competition, like Bolton do. 

12 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

What are you banging on about?

Premier League 2 is a youth competition. 

If we go for the top tier of academy in the future then we too will be able to play in this competition, like Bolton do. 

Will we? That was my question wasn't it? 

According to the site there is 24 teams with no relegation from league 2 so are you presuming they will grow the number of teams then I take it or you are just guessing?

It's just a relaunch of the reserves league for prem clubs, any player in the squad under 23 plus 3 per game over 23 and no restrictions on the age of the goal keeper,

All it will mean is the prem club reserves will only play each other instead of being in the regional reserve league,

This will have no affect on our development players, as a club is only in prem 2 if they are in the prem league proper,

The only bit I don't like is that the 16 class 1 academy sides will now play in the FLT with the league 1 and 2 teams

9 minutes ago, stogursey red said:

It's just a relaunch of the reserves league for prem clubs, any player in the squad under 23 plus 3 per game over 23 and no restrictions on the age of the goal keeper,

All it will mean is the prem club reserves will only play each other instead of being in the regional reserve league,

This will have no affect on our development players, as a club is only in prem 2 if they are in the prem league proper,

The only bit I don't like is that the 16 class 1 academy sides will now play in the FLT with the league 1 and 2 teams

My bad then, so what competitions will the likes of Boltons academy play in given they are class 1 academy status? 

Always thought they played in the Premier League youth set up even if their first team isn't. 

16 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

My bad then, so what competitions will the likes of Boltons academy play in given they are class 1 academy status? 

Always thought they played in the Premier League youth set up even if their first team isn't. 

The prem youth league is gone, they have gone back to a reserve league setup as they had before they started this class 1 premium league a few years back,

So I guess Bolton will give there younger players experience in the Northwest reserve league along with everyone else, it was not made clear if they could qualify for the FLT

Archived