IGNORED

Newcastle Game Gamble

Selred

So here's my dilemma... 

The Newcastle game could be the first game when the top tier opens (if the stand is actually finished on time). Like many others I want to experience the top tier however tickets won't go on sale until x% of the lower tiers are sold I believe.

When tickets do go on sale do I wait and hope the bottom tier reaches the % and buy a ticket? However many others may do the same meaning the lower tier won't hit that %. Or there even is the chance the top tier doesn't open for the game (due to either building work or not selling enough of the lower) and eventually I'm stuck struggling to find two seats together in my usual south stand. Therefore would it just be easier to hope another game opens the top tier and I can make it (unfortunately can't do Villa).

How do people think the Newcastle tickets will pan out? I'm really not sure how it will work being the first time this season. 

6 minutes ago, Selred said:

So here's my dilemma... 

The Newcastle game could be the first game when the top tier opens (if the stand is actually finished on time). Like many others I want to experience the top tier however tickets won't go on sale until x% of the lower tiers are sold I believe.

When tickets do go on sale do I wait and hope the bottom tier reaches the % and buy a ticket? However many others may do the same meaning the lower tier won't hit that %. Or there even is the chance the top tier doesn't open for the game (due to either building work or not selling enough of the lower) and eventually I'm stuck struggling to find two seats together in my usual south stand. Therefore would it just be easier to hope another game opens the top tier and I can make it (unfortunately can't do Villa).

How do people think the Newcastle tickets will pan out? I'm really not sure how it will work being the first time this season. 

it will be a sell out, buy whats available then ask to be moved if the upper tier open, 

11 minutes ago, Selred said:

So here's my dilemma... 

I would be interested in the clubs POTD strategy. I intend going to both Newcastle & Villa games with my Son but not sure if the club will now reintroduce POTD now we have a 27k capacity?

i used to sit in Block L in the Williams stand and would like to sit in that sort of area in the new West stand but if advance ticket sales means lower tier is full then hopefully the upper tier will be available

I would buy a ticket ASAP, there will be plenty of opportunity to sit in the top tier in the future, you could also ask to be relocated but if that doesnt work out just stroll up on match day at half time when its busy.

The club should be bold and offer all tickets for sale without restriction, they can then work toward promoting this game to the hilt, talking about the electric atmosphere, and even suggesting it is likely to sell out in advance, which should then guarantee the game does sell out.

If I worked within the club, this would be my strategy.

14 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

The club should be bold and offer all tickets for sale without restriction, they can then work toward promoting this game to the hilt, talking about the electric atmosphere, and even suggesting it is likely to sell out in advance, which should then guarantee the game does sell out.

If I worked within the club, this would be my strategy.

Agreed. I think having such big games right at the start of the season really gives an ideal opportunity to test our current potential ticket sales. 

Stick the lot on sale. If these don't sell out then it will give a gauge as to other games being unlikely too. 

If it does, then people might just come back more often. 

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Agreed. I think having such big games right at the start of the season really gives an ideal opportunity to test our current potential ticket sales. 

Stick the lot on sale. If these don't sell out then it will give a gauge as to other games being unlikely too. 

I disagree slightly - many people are still on holiday this time of year so I think the chance of a sell out is quite low - in our normal group of 5 - 3 cant make Newcastle and 2 can't make Villa.

46 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Bang on. 

39 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I disagree slightly - many people are still on holiday this time of year so I think the chance of a sell out is quite low - in our normal group of 5 - 3 cant make Newcastle and 2 can't make Villa.

Many people would have been 'on holiday' for Coppells first game but we managed to sell that out.  The club should aim high.  This would be a great chance to snag the floating fan.  Get them all on sale!

Do people really think this game will sell out, personally I can't see it, when you look back to the West Ham game in the cup a couple of seasons ago we were on reduced capacity and struggled to sell that out, I know West Ham aren't a massive draw and I know we will have a few more coming because it's still a new development but I honestly can't see us selling 20000 never mind 27000, hope I'm wrong and being pessimistic but we will soon find out.

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Yes I get that, but there will always be people away on holiday/at weddings/without childcare etc. 

It only means that we actually have more potential that for those games but Newcastle & Villa are by far the biggest 2 home games of the season, at present. 

Make the whole ground available and see how many we sell. 

Mid we still only sell 20k then the club will be fully justified in not opening the top tier again very often. Otherwise, as in the OP's case, how will we know..?

55 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

What makes you think it will be open for those games? Also, even if it does open it won't be a sell out.

optimistic and full of positively as ever I see..................surprised you bother going with all that booooooooing that takes place

41 minutes ago, gordie said:

Do people really think this game will sell out, personally I can't see it, when you look back to the West Ham game in the cup a couple of seasons ago we were on reduced capacity and struggled to sell that out, I know West Ham aren't a massive draw and I know we will have a few more coming because it's still a new development but I honestly can't see us selling 20000 never mind 27000, hope I'm wrong and being pessimistic but we will soon find out.

it was on the tele

• Admin
51 minutes ago, gordie said:

The difference being that we could potentially have 5k away supporters adding to the attendance

31 minutes ago, phantom said:

The difference being that we could potentially have 5k away supporters adding to the attendance

What basis do you have for thinking Newcastle could sell 5k?

How often have they done that in the past?

When was the last time Newcastle took an away following of 5k. to a league game?

Was that game well over 300 miles away?

38 minutes ago, phantom said:

Maybe totally wrong on this but I thought that there was only 2700-900 away supporters in the Atyeo and unless they move the Atyeo lot that will be it, how I understood it they will only move the Atyeo lot if Cup game and away section would sell out, like I said in another thread there should have been a better solution to this.

10 minutes ago, gordie said:

Maybe totally wrong on this but I thought that there was only 2700-900 away supporters in the Atyeo and unless they move the Atyeo lot that will be it, how I understood it they will only move the Atyeo lot if Cup game and away section would sell out, like I said in another thread there should have been a better solution to this.

It's 2,700 (10%) and the vast majority of visiting clubs will go nowhere near to selling out, let alone wish for more.

Archived