IGNORED

Wes Burns in European action tonight

Major Isewater

3 minutes ago, City169 said:

Was fairly quiet, at one point he dropped back to defence, won the ball and would have been free down the left but was taken out, put a few crosses in but it was a pretty poor game for most players

Hmmm well its hard sometimes to make an impact in 20 mins but as long as he made some decent crosses.

He had a shot on target  but a bit close to the goalie who saved it easily .

The last ditch tackle , mentioned above , was a sign of energy and tenacity but I held my breath as we all know what forward's tackling is like. He got away with it and un luckily got fouled before he could bomb down the wing and mark the goal of the season .

He moved the opposition defence about well and I would say for the twenty minutes that He was on the pitch he did n't look out of place .

The Dons player Hayes looks lively ( note to self Check autocorrection , it put ' lovely ' NOT lively) 

However they don't look any better than a lower Championship team .IMHO

Didn't see the match but the reports were that Aberdeen were very unlucky. They had a goal ruled out because the ref had blown his whistle a second before they scored, to award a penalty. They then missed the said penalty. They then had their sub sent off by all accounts unfairly. Finally the ball takes a horrendous bobble on a back pass to cost them a goal in the last minute. Burns played very well and I hope him and McInnes get better luck in the remainder of the season. 

I seriously would not be surprised if that game and the officials were the subject of an official investigation.

both the ref and the club (Maribor) have previous on this, and I can say with all honesty that I have not seen a more obvious case of match fixing in all my life.

Aberdeen as a club will be furious I'm sure.

Archived