IGNORED

HT refreshments

iamsober

It's worrying that in the Dolman with a crowd of 5000 it still had big ques at half time and was unable to get refreshments before the second half had started. Should be 4 times as many at the next upcoming home games so can only get worse. Needs addressing Bristol Sport asap.

Not upset just trying to help the club get more income as I can assure you the kiosk nearest the block e34 of the dolman was huge ques from 15.45 to 16.00 and a waiting time of 15 mins. So if you could take your drinks into the stand like rugby then happy days but we can't. 

24 minutes ago, iamsober said:

It's worrying that in the Dolman with a crowd of 5000 it still had big ques at half time and was unable to get refreshments before the second half had started. Should be 4 times as many at the next upcoming home games so can only get worse. Needs addressing Bristol Sport asap.

Whing Whing Whing!! Pre season game probably had less staff on as smaller crowd. 

I thing bristol sport might have more to worry about than your half time cuppa, like getting our £45million stadium ready for next week. 

11 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Whing Whing Whing!! Pre season game probably had less staff on as smaller crowd. 

I thing bristol sport might have more to worry about than your half time cuppa, like getting our £45million stadium ready for next week. 

Seemed well staffed today - I guess they were making sure everything was operational and people knew what they are doing before the bigger games at the start of the season.

12 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Nothing more important than getting a beer HT

At least one kiosk was closed and staff was half the normal match day number. Not normally an issue at football so should not be next week. 

They need to sort it out for rugby though - the 2 pint jugs take too long to fill and cause queues like we saw today - not that I go much but just saying

49 minutes ago, iamsober said:

Was your name based on a premonition regarding the queues in the Dolman? Are you still sober?

1 hour ago, iamsober said:

Here's a thought, how about retro "flask and sarnies".

57 minutes ago, Fiale said:

52 minutes ago, Fiale said:

This part is where the same number of staff can serve faster, meaning more people are inclined to queue and buy beer as they know they won't have a long wait - sales go up, people are happier

Just out of curiosity, have you got any shares in bottoms up...???

Thanks for the feedback.

Part of our SAG sign off next week includes a fundamentally different food and beverage offering in all of the concourses (some may have seen a gap in the Dolmam wall)  I am very confident that the extra outlets will deliver sharper and more effective service and just ask for patience for the first couple of games whilst the operations team familiarise themselves and get faster and slicker. 

Our aim is to get our fans to arrive earlier and stay longer, the introduction of a fan zone and entertainment should hopefully support this. 

I am very open minded on feedback and we will continue to evolve until we can get a very unique and quality offering that our fans appreciate and enjoy.

Many thanks 

Mark 

2 hours ago, Mkelly said:

Thanks for the feedback.

Part of our SAG sign off next week includes a fundamentally different food and beverage offering in all of the concourses (some may have seen a gap in the Dolmam wall)  I am very confident that the extra outlets will deliver sharper and more effective service and just ask for patience for the first couple of games whilst the operations team familiarise themselves and get faster and slicker. 

Our aim is to get our fans to arrive earlier and stay longer, the introduction of a fan zone and entertainment should hopefully support this. 

I am very open minded on feedback and we will continue to evolve until we can get a very unique and quality offering that our fans appreciate and enjoy.

Many thanks 

Mark 

Mark, the main problem was the lack of a queueing system. I gave up and returned to my seat. Apart from that it was a good experience

3 hours ago, Mkelly said:

Thanks for the feedback.

Many thanks 

Mark 

To be brutally honest you're not going to get anything 'unique'. You can go to any of the populated pubs before match and see people queue for 10 mins to get a drink - unless it's a cheeky can of Natch in a beer garden.

All it will take is good drinking selection, quick service, the BT sports Saturday game on and somewhere to sit/perch for the masses and simply people will come earlier.

To my mind sacrifice on any one of those and you're not going to win by as much as you may like to. Niche ideas like a band might appeal to a few, but most people just want to have a drink of their choice, at a reasonable price, talk team selection discussion and probably have the 12:45 KO in the background for fleeting entertainment or for their bet slip - and probably easy access to a smoking area for someone in most groups. 

As for at half time: pre-poured, contactless and some non-cash bars will do. These are, let us not forget, people hell bent on drinking a pint within 15 minutes, possibly washed down with a ciggie too. We're not pandering to sophisticated palete's, just those after lubrication and as quick as possible. 

I think you're easier battle is keeping people post match. Get the Saturday night kick off on, some good drinks promos and a steady steam of cabs outside waiting to drop people down the harbourside. That's gotta be the easier win. 

Like 29AR said,  somewhere to sit/perch for the masses would be a major improvement.

In weather like today's if you've got a choice of having a pint by the Nova Scotia in the sun or leaning against a square inch of Dolman wall trying to eat a pie and balancing a bendy pint mug whilst reading the programme.... table by the docks wins every time - even with 15% discount!

5 minutes ago, Renaissance Dolman said:

Like 29AR said,  somewhere to sit/perch for the masses would be a major improvement.

In weather like today's if you've got a choice of having a pint by the Nova Scotia in the sun or leaning against a square inch of Dolman wall trying to eat a pie and balancing a bendy pint mug whilst reading the programme.... table by the docks wins every time - even with 15% discount!

The Nova, cottage, pump house or orchard inn was exactly what I used to do. 

Fair play for the reply.

It was a small crowd preseason so staff levels were less than usual and they ran out of stuff.  No one starved or died of thirst. 

However, agree withother comments about emptiness of concourse area.  At the very least some shelves along the walls to put a pint on would be good.  

9 hours ago, Renaissance Dolman said:

I totally agree, there is no way I can stand for a long time.

9 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

Fair play for the reply.

It was a small crowd preseason so staff levels were less than usual and they ran out of stuff.  No one starved or died of thirst. 

However, agree withother comments about emptiness of concourse area.  At the very least some shelves along the walls to put a pint on would be good.  

Low shelf along the outside wall would be nice... would also help not having so many people just stood in the middle blocking the flow if they can be encouraged to stand towards the back to eat/drink/chat

Sometimes I wonder why people bother going to games ......they turn up ten minutes into the first half then they're off again five minutes before half time then off they go again five minutes before the end. Are they going for the game or beer.......be easier and cost effective to stay in the boozer. 

Archived