IGNORED

Electrician

bristolborn_and_red

18 hours ago, bristolborn_and_red said:

Anyone know of a decent electrician in the north Bristol area. My shower has gone kapput and need somene to asses the cable size before i buy a new one.

Thanks.

Anything over 8.5kW requires a 10mm cable. Most modern showers are over 8.5kW. 

Try to find one with same cable and water entry and it is a piece of cake to fit. Double check cable cores are done up tightly, loose connections causes fires.

15 hours ago, Posset red said:

Hi I'm a plumber, just buy a shower the same kW output as last one then you know it will be okay that's what I always do :) do you need someone to fit ? I'm more than happy to take apart and fit new save you paying an electrian and plumber 

Hi PR. Just looked on the plate and the shower is 9.5kw so surely must be hooked up with 10mm cable. The shower i am looking at is 10.5kw so should be all good. I  Will be looking for someone to fit.

6 hours ago, bristolborn_and_red said:

Hi PR. Just looked on the plate and the shower is 9.5kw so surely must be hooked up with 10mm cable. The shower i am looking at is 10.5kw so should be all good. I  Will be looking for someone to fit.

Personally I would never go higher atleast with staying the same or going lower you know there won't be an issue. I'm sure it is 10mm cable and probably not be an issue but I never risk it go like for like and you know you can't go wrong. I'm more than happy to fit always looking for work and if I can help a fellow city fan out then fantastic 

Archived