IGNORED

Scans and rehabilitation worries

Gary O'Neil off for Scans on a knee problem and Korey still somes weeks away from playing again worries me with a tough start to the season ahead.

Marlon and Bobby / Brownhill / Joe are going to have their work cut out big time against a very large and physical well organised Wigan side to start and especially when we play the big three in eight days.

It would be nice to see someone else come in this week but its probably to late now so all I can say is good luck lads we may need it

20 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Gary O'Neil off for Scans on a knee problem and Korey still somes weeks away from playing again worries me with a tough start to the season ahead.

Marlon and Bobby / Brownhill / Joe are going to have their work cut out big time against a very large and physical well organised Wigan side to start and especially when we play the big three in eight days.

It would be nice to see someone else come in this week but its probably to late now so all I can say is good luck lads we may need it

we could push hodor up to a holding midfield/deep laying playmaker role but it means starting with flint and williams in a flat back four,

I think o'neil will play hopefully its the sort of injury that can me managed and played through if needed,

1 hour ago, Between heaven and hell said:

I agree it will be tough without Smith and O'Neil but how do you know Wigan are well organised? They recently struggled in some pre-season games and Caldwell said they needed to improve before the season. Personally think we'll take 3 points on the opening day.

Gary O'Neil going for a scan might be precautionary only.  He's tweaked his knee, feels ok, wants to push on in readiness for Wigan. But club want to make sure there's no other damage that Physio can't pick up.

Cheesley said recently that had he had a scan, and understood the full extent of his knee injury, they'd have rested him whilst injured instead of having him run up and down the Dolman.  They completely knackered his knee as a result.

Obviously, with GON, it could be more serious than just a check.

3 hours ago, citywest30 said:

I agree it will be tough without Smith and O'Neil but how do you know Wigan are well organised? They recently struggled in some pre-season games and Caldwell said they needed to improve before the season. Personally think we'll take 3 points on the opening day.

Hope your right mate. I don't know they will be organised against us on Saturday but I Saw them a couple of times last year and they looked impressive and intimidated teams because they had some big units in their side and have made a couple of good signings in Buxton and Powell to further strengthen again.

3 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Hope your right mate. I don't know they will be organised against us on Saturday but I Saw them a couple of times last year and they looked impressive and intimidated teams because they had some big units in their side and have made a couple of good signings in Buxton and Powell to further strengthen again.

I agree they have made some excellent signings. I said on another thread that their business is some of business that I'm most envious of in the Championship. That being said it sounds like their manager isn't happy still and wanted still more new faces.

Archived