IGNORED

The Pasty League

Charliesboots

14 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Ginsters is shit :( A disgrace to the Cornish nation :grr:

Perfect for the EFL hierarchy to sell to the plebs while they munch on their prawn sandwiches.

One of Cornwall's biggest employers, bringing lots of much need revenue and jobs, such a disgrace!

28 minutes ago, redcityman said:

One of Cornwall's biggest employers, bringing lots of much need revenue and jobs, such a disgrace!

Ginsters based in Callington, Cornwall, and sited just 4 miles from Devon border so that they could call their product "Cornish" pasties. Probably most workers there live in South Devon.

50 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Ginsters based in Callington, Cornwall, and sited just 4 miles from Devon border so that they could call their product "Cornish" pasties. Probably most workers there live in South Devon.

Incorrect.

Geoffrey Ginster  a local farmer from Callington started the business in 1967, I would say that gave them good reason to call them Cornish pasties!

• Admin
2 hours ago, redysteadygo said:

Callington is my local town & I can confirm that it's the biggest employer in the area and most, if not all of the workers live locally in Cornwall. They couldn't afford the houses in Devon anyway. Even the MD lives nearby on the Cornish side of the border.

They are Plymouth's shirt sponsor this season, so looks like they're increasing their sports sponsorship massively this year.

Shit pasties though

30 minutes ago, jambodinho said:

I had a 2016 Pasty World Cup winning pasty from Chough's bakery in Padstow last month. 

The World Past Championship was held in March. I would have thought that one sold last month would be a bit stale. Hope you got a discount 

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

Bristol's finest. The Pasty Emporium by Temple Meads. 

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

Bristol's finest. The Pasty Emporium by Temple Meads. 

image.jpeg

Bristol's finest indeed. A giant one will keep you going all day. The breakfast rolls aren't shabby eother. Kills me riding to work past there.

9 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Had the best pasty of my life only yesterday, from Pengenna Pasties in Bude.  Queues out into the street. Well worth a detour if you're in the area!

They`re good I`ll grant you but you should have popped across the road to the Lansdowne, they`re even better.

The best pasty I ever had was while I was lodging in Redruth working in Camborne.

The landlady brought in our evening meal which was a giant pasty on the plate. we thought what the f... !!

But have to say twas fantastic.

Anyway the Mrs reckons Rowes in Falmouth are the best and as the fact she's from Devon and no love lost between the two counties she could be right.

Plus my experience was 35 years ago!!!

Archived