IGNORED

Kodjia not even mentioned in SSN's potential top scorer article

DaveF

Couldn't believe you could get 25/1 on him to be top scorer and for him not to be mentioned in that article is pretty shocking, although I'm happy for JK to remain under the radar wherever possible.  Very much worth an each way bet which I have done. In fact I might have to have another go if you can get 28/1! 

15 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Either this is a glaring mistake, and someone somewhere within the employ of Sky should be sacked! Or, Sky have heard before anyone else that JK is heading to the Prem.

My money is on Mourhino trying to slot Kodjia alongside Zlatan.

Sack the whole bloody lot of them, says I...

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Kodjia should be in there ahead of Hogan and Grigg at the very least, but in the same respect, the less attention JK gets from the media the better for us if he continues to bag goals.

38 minutes ago, Big C said:

isn't it better for us if he isn't mentioned in these sort of articles? It might point potential suitors in other directions :ph34r::shifty:

Perhaps you're right, and SL slipped the money men at Sky a few quid to keep his name out of the equation....

3 hours ago, lenred said:

Couldn't believe you could get 25/1 on him to be top scorer and for him not to be mentioned in that article is pretty shocking, although I'm happy for JK to remain under the radar wherever possible.  Very much worth an each way bet which I have done. In fact I might have to have another go if you can get 28/1! 

Not a good bet in my opinion...

JK doesn't take the penalties, or free kicks, and will miss 1 month of the season due to the African Cup of Nations.

Another top-striker with the extra games and set-pieces could expect to net around 6-8 goals from these opportunities, so unfortunately Kodjia is already playing catch-up before the season has kicked off...

Still a damned good striker though.

2 hours ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Has Will Grigg actually done anything of note aside from that plagiarised song? Seems to have had a couple of good seasons in League One and that's it. No reason to put him in the list ahead of Kieran Agard or Aaron Wilbraham really.

He didn't even get any minutes at the euros

1 hour ago, Touch_my_butter said:

JK doesn't take the penalties, or free kicks, and will miss 1 month of the season due to the African Cup of Nations.

Another top-striker with the extra games and set-pieces could expect to net around 6-8 goals from these opportunities, so unfortunately Kodjia is already playing catch-up before the season has kicked off...

I still reckon he's got a chance each way which is top 4. Lot of factors to consider though I agree

32 minutes ago, lenred said:

I still reckon he's got a chance each way which is top 4. Lot of factors to consider though I agree

I've seriously been considering betting on JK, but unsure as potentially miss a month of the season if called up for African Cup of Nations.

More tempted by Dwight Gayle at 8/1 takes pens and free kicks 

Was looking at various sky bet odds earlier this morning, the Africa Cup of Nations stopped me betting on Kodjia, but still I'm considering it - with Tomlin in to support him all season, he could do well (he can't be offside as often this season as last...).

I was also taken by the handicap betting for the title, we were +24 points, but the odds suggests they expect Newcastle to win by 10 points, with the next best as +10 (making our +24 not looking as bad as I first thought).

3 hours ago, Touch_my_butter said:

There is nothing to base an ACoN call up on, other than an appearance when 3 first choice players weren't available.

Delighted for Kodjia that he got the call up, but he is far from a certainty to be called up for the ACoN

Archived