IGNORED

McCoulsky and Dowling

Clarky89

Conference South? 

Hoping the players really shine at that level, better to shine and play week in were out, than sit on a bench a bit high up pyramid 

maybe there till xmas then review with a look a Forest Green

I'd like to think we maybe able to utilise local clubs that are playing at a lower level than us, send a few out to Cheltenham, Yeovil & FGR.

Get them at a decent standard & establish some form of link with these clubs to help benefit us in the long term.

9 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I'd like to think we maybe able to utilise local clubs that are playing at a lower level than us, send a few out to Cheltenham, Yeovil & FGR.

Get them at a decent standard & establish some form of link with these clubs to help benefit us in the long term.

It would be quite hilarious if Rovers were to become our little feeder & development club..!

I'm sure our camel loving cousins would appreciate the irony of watching our younger players develop before coming back to us, developed and ready for the step up to our higher level of football. 

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It would be quite hilarious if Rovers were to become our little feeder & development club..!

I'm sure our camel loving cousins would appreciate the irony of watching our younger players develop before coming back to us, developed and ready for the step up to our higher level of football. 

I purposely didn't include "that lot" as I wouldn't want to help them in any way, shape or form, not even sending them a Bas Savage as that would still improve them. :yawn:

I do think there would be some benefits of link with other local-ish clubs though.

24 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I purposely didn't include "that lot" as I wouldn't want to help them in any way, shape or form, not even sending them a Bas Savage as that would still improve them. :yawn:

I do think there would be some benefits of link with other local-ish clubs though.

Akinde's loan worked a treat..! 

10 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

You have to remember that they are both still young, going to Weston means not moving home and all that sort of thing. Also means they are close and can train with City still as Weston are not full time 

I believe that they can also continue playing for the City Under 21's. Correct or not?

19 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I believe that they can also continue playing for the City Under 21's. Correct or not?

Yes new loan rules this season state that the loan players can train and play for their parent club in any non first team games. 

How long are the loan deals for? The level seems a bit low, which is no offence to Weston, but if we want to be promoting players through the academy we need a higher pedigree. If it's for 3-6 months, then at least we can move some players on to League 1 in January, should they prove themselves.

11 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

How long are the loan deals for? The level seems a bit low, which is no offence to Weston, but if we want to be promoting players through the academy we need a higher pedigree. If it's for 3-6 months, then at least we can move some players on to League 1 in January, should they prove themselves.

conference south isn't low for a 17 year old if he's playing every week, its better for him then being stuck in the under 21's,

We can slowly move him up the levels as he adapts to the mens game

I think it'll be a good move for both. Let's not forget that our U21's played two Southern League Premier Division sides (one step below the Conference South) in pre-season and recorded a narrow win and loss respectively.

Previously McCoulsky played in the Isthmian Premier Division which is the same step as the Southern League Prem.

Never ever been a fan of U21 football as I call it "Fake Football" as when will you ever play in a match against virtually all the same age ?? also with the "old arses" you learn tricks/play that you just would not see at U21 level. I personally would love to see a "B" Team (Reserves) playing in a competitive league covering all ages and levels. I know people may disagree with me,  but I am watching the new proposals coming out from the FA about just that, and it will be interesting to see which direction they want to take it after the consultation period.

The lads will learn a lot from the experience, although sometimes loans to too low a level have their own problems with technical differences that cause over zealous tackles that can quite literally end someones playing career. I have seen this in the Welsh leagues so a note of caution needs to be considered on the team placement.

16 hours ago, Bowie said:

Conference South? 

Hoping the players really shine at that level, better to shine and play week in were out, than sit on a bench a bit high up pyramid 

maybe there till xmas then review with a look a Forest Green

They will be doing well if they get a loan at FGR

Gone are the days where they would want our 17 year old kids to boost their squad

Archived