IGNORED

Minutes Applause

cider head

I have been asked to pass this on...

This Saturday City V Wigan we are going to have a 1 minutes round of applause at Ashton Gate on 48 minutes for our great friend Jason McCarthy who was sadly taken from us 2 months ago! Jason was 48 when he left us so can you please share this post so we make as much noise as possible! Jason was City through and through and even worked on the turnstiles in the Williams stand for the last 4 years of his life. Jason's mum and uncle will both be in attendance for this match x

We have him in the program as well for this game and have to say Bristol City football club have been amazing - xxxx

Thanks guys CTID x

city.jpg

3 minutes ago, cider head said:

I have been asked to pass this on...

This Saturday City V Wigan we are going to have a 1 minutes round of applause at Ashton Gate on 48 minutes for our great friend Jason McCarthy who was sadly taken from us 2 months ago! Jason was 48 when he left us so can you please share this post so we make as much noise as possible! Jason was City through and through and even worked on the turnstiles in the Williams stand for the last 4 years of his life. Jason's mum and uncle will both be in attendance for this match x

We have him in the program as well for this game and have to say Bristol City football club have been amazing - xxxx

Thanks guys CTID x

city.jpg

Is it mentioned in the programme that a minutes applause is planned to happen?

I haven't seen Jase for over 30 years but I still recognise him from his photo. At primary school I always remember him being an excellent footballer, all round sportsman and marble player (him and Mark C used to win all my marbles off me!)

My lasting memory of him is us at 7 or 8 (?) discovering his cat nursing newborn kittens.

Anyway, 48 is much too young to go, 

Condolences to family and friends.

Rip.

Archived