IGNORED

Wigan game - GUIDE TO ASHTON GATE 2016/17

elhombrecito

http://mobile.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/your-guide-to-the-new-gate-3226482.aspx

All the information you need for the big season opener.

• City kick-off their Sky Bet Championship campaign against Wigan 
  • West Stand will open with a reduced capacity for the first game 
  • Fans urged to arrive early; Fan Village open from midday 
Ashton Gate Stadium will open its doors for the 2016/17 campaign tomorrow as City host Wigan Athletic (kick-off 3pm).

For the first since April 2014, the stadium will have supporters in all four stands – with West Stand lower tier being opened at a limited capacity for home fans. 

As fans prepare for the season opener, here’s a simple guide to each stand and the stadium. 

TICKETING

More than 17,000 tickets have already been sold for the match, with Wigan taking an allocation of 1,300 tickets. That includes the club's 13,479 season card holders, who have signed up for the 2016/17 campaign! (Season cards remain available) 

The brand new ticket office will be in the Winterstoke Road Fan Village for all collections, along with press and scout ticket collections. Note: A decision on whether there will be any ‘pay on the day’ matchday sales will be made later today. 

Supporters are advised to arrive early where possible to avoid queues. 

FAN VILLAGE

In the Fan Village (which opens at 12noon), situated outside the Sports Bar & Grill, will be: 

- A 30ft bar 
- Burger van 
- Pizza stall 
- BBQ hut 
- Live guitarist and band 
- Olympics on the giant screen 

The Sports Bar & Grill will be closed for general admission. 

TRAVEL

Please use public transport where possible. 

The new First Bristol bus routes will be in operation, along with ABus from Temple Meads. 

Find out full details here. 

There is a bike rack in the South-East corner. 

Remember, parking is limited around the stadium at Ashton Gate and there are no spaces available on site. Please park legally and with consideration for the people that live, work and visit the area.  The club doesn’t want to spoil the enjoyment of others. Police officers can and do use their discretion in dealing with parking issues and options available range from words of advice to fines and ultimately to have vehicles towed away.  That is a ‘final’ option, so please consider where you park. 

WI-FI

Ashton Gate Stadium has partnered with Bristol University’s Zeetta Networks in a world-first stadia WiFi technology trial. 

The trial will initially focus on the South and Dolman concourses and if successful will then be extended throughout the stadium and into the seating areas. 

To connect to the network (free of charge) simply join ‘Ashton Gate EdgeZ’ and fill out the short form to get browsing. 

(Note: this is not yet available in the West or Atyeo Stands) 

WEST STAND

Only supporters with season cards or tickets for the West Stand will be able to access the West Stand, via turnstiles 1-15. 

Whilst the toilets will be available in this stand, no concession (food and drink) stands will be open inside the concourse. 

To compensate, a large bar will be open in the walkway behind the West Stand, along with a West Country pasty shop. 

Further to earlier communications, the club has received permission for all supporters to access the walkway behind the back of the West Stand. 

However, there will be no access from inside the concourse for Dolman and South Stand ticket holders to move around beyond the S18/S19 vomitory into the West Stand concourse, and vice versa.

Smoking will be in a designated area along the West Stand rear walkway. 

SOUTH STAND

The Coffee Shop will be open from 10am, with the Store open from 9am. 

Inside the concourse one of the concession stands is now “drink only”, following feedback from supporters. There will also be four fast-pour stations in the concourse. 
In the South-East corner there will be a Real Ale and Pasty Bar. 

The smoking area remains unchanged from last season, outside the rear of the stand. 

DOLMAN STAND 

One of the concession stands will again be “drink only”. In addition there will be 14 fast-pour stations. 

There will also be a pasty shed and Scrumpy Pig stall, plus a Pulled Pork station just outside the turnstiles. 

The smoking area remains unchanged, in the alley behind the stand. 

Please note, however, that fans will not be able to walk the entire length of the walkway behind the Dolman Stand (from Atyeo around to South). 

ATYEO STAND

The away supporters will be housed in the west end of the stand. 

The home supporters will be housed in the east side of the stand, with unreserved seating throughout. 

It is the Three Lions flag day (on West St), and supporters in the Atyeo Stand can expect lots of colour and noise for the season opener. 

In the Atyeo Stand car park there will be the usual burger van and a Lavazza Coffee station. 

The smoking area remains unchanged, outside the rear of the stand. 

DRINK

The following alcoholic drinks will be available in the stadium: 

Thatchers Gold 
Thatchers Dry 
Thatchers Haze (on some concession stands) 
Butcombe 
Fosters 
Heineken 
Guinness 
John Smith’s 

In addition, soft drinks, hot drinks and water will be on offer. 

Remember, the new discount rates for season card holders is now operation. (20% for dual, 15% for season card PLUS, 10% for season card member, 5% for Forever Bristol members). 

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Fair play tot he club, shows they do listen - fat pour stations will help as most people just want a pint, also might encourage people to grab some food if they see they don't have such big queues.

Music, Olympics showing on the screen - all good ? 

15 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

http://mobile.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/your-guide-to-the-new-gate-3226482.aspx

All the information you need for the big season opener.

• City kick-off their Sky Bet Championship campaign against Wigan 
  • West Stand will open with a reduced capacity for the first game 
  • Fans urged to arrive early; Fan Village open from midday 
Ashton Gate Stadium will open its doors for the 2016/17 campaign tomorrow as City host Wigan Athletic (kick-off 3pm).

For the first since April 2014, the stadium will have supporters in all four stands – with West Stand lower tier being opened at a limited capacity for home fans. 

As fans prepare for the season opener, here’s a simple guide to each stand and the stadium. 

TICKETING

More than 17,000 tickets have already been sold for the match, with Wigan taking an allocation of 1,300 tickets. That includes the club's 13,479 season card holders, who have signed up for the 2016/17 campaign! (Season cards remain available) 

The brand new ticket office will be in the Winterstoke Road Fan Village for all collections, along with press and scout ticket collections. Note: A decision on whether there will be any ‘pay on the day’ matchday sales will be made later today. 

Supporters are advised to arrive early where possible to avoid queues. 

FAN VILLAGE

In the Fan Village (which opens at 12noon), situated outside the Sports Bar & Grill, will be: 

- A 30ft bar 
- Burger van 
- Pizza stall 
- BBQ hut 
- Live guitarist and band 
- Olympics on the giant screen 

The Sports Bar & Grill will be closed for general admission. 

TRAVEL

Please use public transport where possible. 

The new First Bristol bus routes will be in operation, along with ABus from Temple Meads. 

Find out full details here. 

There is a bike rack in the South-East corner. 

Remember, parking is limited around the stadium at Ashton Gate and there are no spaces available on site. Please park legally and with consideration for the people that live, work and visit the area.  The club doesn’t want to spoil the enjoyment of others. Police officers can and do use their discretion in dealing with parking issues and options available range from words of advice to fines and ultimately to have vehicles towed away.  That is a ‘final’ option, so please consider where you park. 

WI-FI

Ashton Gate Stadium has partnered with Bristol University’s Zeetta Networks in a world-first stadia WiFi technology trial. 

The trial will initially focus on the South and Dolman concourses and if successful will then be extended throughout the stadium and into the seating areas. 

To connect to the network (free of charge) simply join ‘Ashton Gate EdgeZ’ and fill out the short form to get browsing. 

(Note: this is not yet available in the West or Atyeo Stands) 

WEST STAND

Only supporters with season cards or tickets for the West Stand will be able to access the West Stand, via turnstiles 1-15. 

Whilst the toilets will be available in this stand, no concession (food and drink) stands will be open inside the concourse. 

To compensate, a large bar will be open in the walkway behind the West Stand, along with a West Country pasty shop. 

Further to earlier communications, the club has received permission for all supporters to access the walkway behind the back of the West Stand. 

However, there will be no access from inside the concourse for Dolman and South Stand ticket holders to move around beyond the S18/S19 vomitory into the West Stand concourse, and vice versa.

Smoking will be in a designated area along the West Stand rear walkway. 

SOUTH STAND

The Coffee Shop will be open from 10am, with the Store open from 9am. 

Inside the concourse one of the concession stands is now “drink only”, following feedback from supporters. There will also be four fast-pour stations in the concourse. 
In the South-East corner there will be a Real Ale and Pasty Bar. 

The smoking area remains unchanged from last season, outside the rear of the stand. 

DOLMAN STAND 

One of the concession stands will again be “drink only”. In addition there will be 14 fast-pour stations. 

There will also be a pasty shed and Scrumpy Pig stall, plus a Pulled Pork station just outside the turnstiles. 

The smoking area remains unchanged, in the alley behind the stand. 

Please note, however, that fans will not be able to walk the entire length of the walkway behind the Dolman Stand (from Atyeo around to South). 

ATYEO STAND

The away supporters will be housed in the west end of the stand. 

The home supporters will be housed in the east side of the stand, with unreserved seating throughout. 

It is the Three Lions flag day (on West St), and supporters in the Atyeo Stand can expect lots of colour and noise for the season opener. 

In the Atyeo Stand car park there will be the usual burger van and a Lavazza Coffee station. 

The smoking area remains unchanged, outside the rear of the stand. 

DRINK

The following alcoholic drinks will be available in the stadium: 

Thatchers Gold 
Thatchers Dry 
Thatchers Haze (on some concession stands) 
Butcombe 
Fosters 
Heineken 
Guinness 
John Smith’s 

In addition, soft drinks, hot drinks and water will be on offer. 

Remember, the new discount rates for season card holders is now operation. (20% for dual, 15% for season card PLUS, 10% for season card member, 5% for Forever Bristol members). 

......... yes.

But, apart from that, WHAT did the Romans do for us .............. ???

:dunno:

Uncle TFR-dickus

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Being pedantic but last season they couldn't correctly calculate 10% off of a drink, so let's hope they've updated the tills to take account of the various possibilities!

When I went to the wigan game they couldnt give me the 15% off the drink for being a plus holder. The girl behind the bar shrugged and said "its not letting me do it", I stood there for a minute or so and she just gave me the 10% off! Couldn't believe it... 

4 minutes ago, streety_bcfc said:

When I went to the wigan game they couldnt give me the 15% off the drink for being a plus holder. The girl behind the bar shrugged and said "its not letting me do it", I stood there for a minute or so and she just gave me the 10% off! Couldn't believe it... 

Did they though?! Last season they gave you 20p off of a £2.20 drink. It annoyed the pedant in me beyond all reasonable measure!!!

Also kudos for getting to the Wigan game already! Where on earth did you park your Delorean?! 

6 minutes ago, streety_bcfc said:

What was the score? And how many other future games have you been to?

• Admin
27 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Is it just me who has doubts that the 'burger van' will acknowledge a 10, 15 or 20% discount?

Would assume the discounts only relate to the concession stands belonging to Bristol Sport and not those being brought in to boost suppliers

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Would assume the discounts only relate to the concession stands belonging to Bristol Sport and not those being brought in to boost suppliers

Phantom is right.

I asked the same questions in John Lewis and was asked to leave the store.

Just remember everyone: there is no such thing as a stupid question.

:facepalm:

Uncle TFR

I have emailed the club the following question. IF I get a response I will post it on here.

I have a season card for the West Stand. I usually use the SBG for several hours prior to kick off. Circumstances dictate that I can use either, the fan zone or the temporary facilities behind the stand on Saturday. Can you confirm that the 15% discount will be honoured?

20 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Did they though?! Last season they gave you 20p off of a £2.20 drink. It annoyed the pedant in me beyond all reasonable measure!!!

Also kudos for getting to the Wigan game already! Where on earth did you park your Delorean?! 

Oops meant the Pompey game. 

9 minutes ago, HOMERSIMPSON said:

I have emailed the club the following question. IF I get a response I will post it on here.

I have a season card for the West Stand. I usually use the SBG for several hours prior to kick off. Circumstances dictate that I can use either, the fan zone or the temporary facilities behind the stand on Saturday. Can you confirm that the 15% discount will be honoured?

How do you highlight in yellow like this?

Really lights up the page - keep it up!

:thumbsup:

Uncle TFR

9 minutes ago, HOMERSIMPSON said:

If you are serious you should have a word with yourself. The club arrange for a fan park faclities and all the organisation that goes with that and you're concerned about whether you can save 15p in a £1?

14 minutes ago, 29AR said:

If you are serious you should have a word with yourself. The club arrange for a fan park faclities and all the organisation that goes with that and you're concerned about whether you can save 15p in a £1?

I assume you are a fat cat, who parks his AMG63 outside the stadium door, sits in his £2000 debenture seat, and scoffs cray-fish in lemon mayo at half-time?

Stop picking on the peasants, you upper class twit.

:punish:

Uncle TFR

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

If you spent as much as I do with the club then you'd be asking as well. Anyway if your not interested jog on.

5 minutes ago, HOMERSIMPSON said:

If you spent as much as I do with the club then you'd be asking as well. Anyway if your not interested jog on.

It's a reasonable question to ask, although (for me) the answer is of less significance.

What would be worth knowing would be if the fan zone is 'cash only' or if the bar is able to take card payments.

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

What colour is the away kit?

Where are my food vouchers?

Are those my feet?

Why does LJ grow his beard so far down his neck?

Will he wear a track suit, or a black coat with a belt half way down??

What will be the attendance?

Will the commentry be shit?

How do I get to the ground on time??

Where did I put my season ticket?

What shall I wear?

Am I happy in my chosen career??

:unsure:

Uncle TFR

5 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Anyone thinking of going down without actually seeing the match?

I can only afford Newcastle and Villa this month, but might head down tomorrow at about 1.00 just to sample the atmosphere and do some prep work for the Newcastle match.

Do it.

You might even find someone who has a spare ticket going begging, loads of people are on holiday at the moment so you might get lucky.

Archived