IGNORED

Agard

dereks no1

3 minutes ago, dereks no1 said:

I dont really understand why we didn't sell him at the start of the window to fund a better striker. He won't get in the team unless its a cup game so why is he here? 

To my knowledge we can only sell him if a bid comes in for him. 

We were short on strikers anyway, so letting one go would have meant we needed to recruit another as well as the one/two needed anyway

9 minutes ago, dereks no1 said:

But surely now we have Kodjia, Abraham and Wilbraham we can afford to sell him and bid for a Campbell/Bamford

We probably could afford to let him go but as @City169 points out: It takes two to tango and if no one is interested in paying money for him then there is no "funding" of anything.

Even letting him go on a free would probably cost us, as in all probability anyone interested wouldn't be prepared, or able to match the salary he is on here and as a result City would probably have to make up any short fall in his salary, at least until the end of his City contract!

Though we are unlikely to really miss him if we were to let him go if another forward is brought in, it has to be said that, personally, I have absolutely no problem with Agard being here as a 3/4 choice, bearing in mind I expect to see a lot of 1 up top this year.

And don't call me Shirley.

16 minutes ago, dereks no1 said:

But surely now we have Kodjia, Abraham and Wilbraham we can afford to sell him and bid for a Campbell/Bamford

I think the key is the fact that Abraham only signed yesterday. Now he's arrived it may open the way for Agard to leave 

To reply to the OP, what if there was a last minute hitch in the Abraham deal?

Kodjia woke up this morning with an injury issue?

It only makes sense to move him on when we are sure that we have enough cover, which effectively was yesterday.

We did this expertly when we sold Baldock, by already having his replacement in a few weeks earlier.

To me if he left we'd need to replace him anyway..

While I don't think Agard is good enough as a goal scorer at this level, I think he can be very useful to bring on for 10 mins when we're protecting a lead. He chases everything down and puts pressure on defenders, turning over ball. I wouldn't have a problem with us selling him and getting an upgrade, but I'm not as keen as some to get rid

Archived