IGNORED

To the ejected Wigan fan from the south stand...

The hand of RO'D

I hope you're crying into your WKD on the coach home!

To anyone who wasn't there, section 18 of the south stand, this 'fat bar steward' of a bloke pipes up giving it big spuds when Wigan take the lead. He receives a tirade of abuse and a whack to the back of the head once he's finally ejected by the stewards.

Begs the question really, how did he manage to get into the home end?

1 minute ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Hope the morron who hit him geys punished too. He may have been being a gobby bugger but that doesnt mean he should be hit.

If your in the wrong end and are gobby, you kind of have to take what you get!

I've been in the away end at Ashton Gate a few times with mates who support the away team - it's difficult, but I manage to keep quite when City score!

1 minute ago, Cider_boy said:

I've been in the away end at Ashton Gate a few times with mates who support the away team - it's difficult, but I manage to keep quite when City score!

You get what you give. Some abuse back, but a smack is too far. He wasted his money, wasted his Saturday and got some stick. Leave it at that. 

3 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

No you don't and it's a Neanderthal attitude.

I was in S20, he was trying to cause trouble, if he was to sit in the home end theres no need to celebrate. He deserved what he got just like that leeds fan did in the dolman many years back. It would be a shame if that fan that gave him a slap did get banned from future matches though.

Shame he didn't get to see us come back to win though. 

It is a tricky one - I do like going to see rugby too, without segregation, and a bit of friendly banter between rival fans - but this is football, he knew he was in the wrong end - deliberately, and was playing up, he most of known what to expect - just stupid really.

35 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

If you sit there and shut up, or just have a bit of jovial with those around you then I doubt anyone sees a problem.  Start playing up by all means he should be ejected. But whoever feels another's being in the wrong end gives them liberty to dish out a punch is the biggest moron, by a damn long way. 

I don't have a problem with fans in home end if they keep it quiet but he must of known he was taking the p*ss celebrating like that.  What annoyed me was it took the threat of people going up and giving him a slap before the stewards took him out. He should have been gone straight away without him getting the troubles he did.  Seems like nobody knew what to do.

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

If you sit there and shut up, or just have a bit of jovial with those around you then I doubt anyone sees a problem.  Start playing up by all means he should be ejected. But whoever feels another's being in the wrong end gives them liberty to dish out a punch is the biggest moron, by a damn long way. 

Sadly I feel we are in the minority with this line of thinking.

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Sadly this individual has a responsibility for his own actions as well, he must realise what his reaction might cause, obviously he and whoever cuffed him are both in the wrong, but it's other people including elderly and children who could have been needlessly injured by an escalating situation, the stewards need to wake up. 

5 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Agreed. I don't think an away fan gobbing off could ever say something to get me vexed enough to risk a - deserved - ban. I put up with hearing drivel of 'that was shit' or 'run then you...' From 25 stone Baz behind who can't even stand without sweating, someone in the wrong end cheering is a doddle compared to putting him in his place. 

I'm in the middle somewhat as there are times someone needs a slap. I'm sure as a spotty teen I could've done with one on occasions. It's picking your battles though. In a stadium knowing a ban could be forthcoming is really the time to show restraint. 

6 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Sadly this individual has a responsibility for his own actions as well, he must realise what his reaction might cause, obviously he and whoever cuffed him are both in the wrong, but it's other people including elderly and children who could have been needlessly injured by an escalating situation, the stewards need to wake up. 

True, the stewards should deal with it but things can be settled without "a slap".

if your an opposing fan actin up in the wrong end its true you should probably expect that sort of reaction, but it doesn't make it right. It's sad that people can't resolve matters or just ignore someone and instead have to resort to violence.

2 hours ago, Cider_boy said:

It is a tricky one - I do like going to see rugby too, without segregation, and a bit of friendly banter between rival fans - but this is football, he knew he was in the wrong end - deliberately, and was playing up, he most of known what to expect - just stupid really.

We're all Men, you dance with the devil.........

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

True, the stewards should deal with it but things can be settled without "a slap".

if your an opposing fan actin up in the wrong end its true you should probably expect that sort of reaction, but it doesn't make it right. It's sad that people can't resolve matters or just ignore someone and instead have to resort to violence.

I never said it was right, I said it's almost inevitable sadly, which is why he also has a vicarious liability to act normally in such circumstances.

it's like putting your hand out to pat a strange dog, sometimes you get bitten for your kindness.

Hopefully a lesson learnt especially for the stewards.

Again I think the Germans have it right. Ground rules from BVB

6. It is prohibited to enter the entire south stand area (S/W, South, S/E) of the stadium in clothing associated with the opposing team and to enter areas used exclusively by the away team (North, N/E) in BVB clothing.

Basicly, away fans are welcome in any part of the ground bar the Yellow Wall and home fans anywhere but the 'away end'. Open colours too, none of this hiding your identity. And if you watch it on the telly and the away team score, their fans in the 'home end' celebrate. 

18 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

So you think he deserved a slap, just that you wouldn't want to risk being banned for doing so?

Precisely. He probably deserved it but why would I give a shite to risk a ban to give that to him. Someone else will probably do so on the harbourside. 

17 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

I totally agree but after a few beers.........

Both were stupid and I do get the point about the Wigan guy causing fuss for the sake of it. 

I wouldn't dangle my love spuds in front of a kennel of daschunds and expect to get away with it.  

Just sad some people go to cause 'bovver' at a match and then others respond.  I would have really liked to hear that the biggest, ugliest in the stand just walked up to him and gave him that ' you've let yourself down, your club down' etc lecture whilst filming it.

Far more embarrassingfor him.

Archived