IGNORED

Atmosphere

Lansdown stand did look particularly sparse I must say. Might be worth the club limiting potd to that stand only for a while to get a good dispersement of the crowd. Seeing it today, I'm glad the top tier remains closed. 

7 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Lansdown stand did look particularly sparse I must say. Might be worth the club limiting potd to that stand only for a while to get a good dispersement of the crowd. Seeing it today, I'm glad the top tier remains closed. 

the West Stand had hardly any season tickets left available for it so I found it really weird how empty it looked.

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

Wasn't that stand at limited capacity today due to the safety tests etc?

Moved from Atyeo to the south stand this season. Really pleased with the atmosphere especially last 20 mins. Question for others who were there last season - how did it compare to last year, now that the traditionally more reserved williams stand patrons have moved back to their old area?

2 hours ago, Thatwasclose said:

Must have been at the wrong game or need my ears checked :P

In sit in Dolman 31 and thought the stadium was a bit of a library until last 15min

You need your ears checked :P

Thought the 4 stands contained the noise really well.

15 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Didn't think it was great until the second half really. Second half, especially after equaliser, was very good. The joined up stadium helps the noise. I feel like the gaps around the Atyeo dilutes the noise from that stand.

the sound certainly seems to get lost form the corner of the Atyeo - you can see the fans are chanting, clapping but cannot really hear anything - I imagine it sounds loud in the Atyeo and end of the Dolman though - shame they are stuck in a small corner singing to themselves.

To be fair I thought the Atyeo was great considering there were four hundred fewer fans in there. Great to hear the other stands going for it too.Lets try and put all this divisive rubbish behind us and all get the Gate rocking together. 

3 hours ago, Slacker said:

To be fair I thought the Atyeo was great considering there were four hundred fewer fans in there. Great to hear the other stands going for it too.Lets try and put all this divisive rubbish behind us and all get the Gate rocking together. 

Does that include us cnuts in the Dolman..?

3 hours ago, Fiale said:

the sound certainly seems to get lost form the corner of the Atyeo - you can see the fans are chanting, clapping but cannot really hear anything - I imagine it sounds loud in the Atyeo and end of the Dolman though - shame they are stuck in a small corner singing to themselves.

If that group were put in the middle of the SS - as originally proposed by the club - think how good the atmosphere would be. Noise would reverberate so well from that stand.

Shame they went back on it.

4 hours ago, Cider_boy said:

Wasn't that stand at limited capacity today due to the safety tests etc?

So were thousands of ST holders moved out of the Lansdown Stand for today then?! If so, to where were they moved? I've got a ST in that stand and there were loads of empty seats around us but I wasn't informed pre match that capacity was limited - so what does that actually mean?

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So were thousands of ST holders moved out of the Lansdown Stand for today then?! If so, to where were they moved? I've got a ST in that stand and there were loads of empty seats around us but I wasn't informed pre match that capacity was limited - so what does that actually mean?

It just means there was no general sale for the Lansdown Stand for yesterday and it was restricted to ST holders only. It will look a bit different v Newcastle I should think.

22 minutes ago, red84 said:

Really quiet yesterday apart from last 15-20 mins. When it did go though it was bouncing off all 4 sides of the ground! Wigan fans after at the station said it's one hell of a stadium we have! #proud

Yep never a good sign when you can clearly hear what the players are saying. Was good though once we equalised.

LJ on the radio said it was like a cauldron in terms of the heat and the noise so certainly carrying down to the pitch. I'm in lower dolman E30 and last 20 minutes I could not hear the refs whistle for all the noise coming from all areas.

I just hope everybody keeps trying as it is transmitting to the pitch - surely we can finally grow up and stop having the dolman is quiet, south stand did well, only noise was in the atyeo yah-de-yah debates and work together.

Also hope "fat drunk bloke" who seems to be everywhere at times can stop shouting things like "sing ya c***s" when kids are around and have a level of respect that we don't all shout and dribble down our faces as loud as he does !!

Sat in the West Stand where most people were Not Sat near the people they had sat with previously  so were Reserved in their Appreciations as they didn't know how the new "Friends" around them would react.... After half time and especially after the first goal.. people relaxed and made more noise.. I was sat next to a guy I hadn't seen for 15 years .. forgot he was a supporter, so when people get their bearings and get to know their "near neighbours " then the noise will increase. 

Archived