IGNORED

Monk on borrowed time?

1 minute ago, Barrs Court Red said:

They did look woeful. QPR on the other hand impressed me. On that showing I think QPR will be high up the table come May.

Very early days I know but, I didn't see a lot on the championship programme to be overly worried about, we need to just take what we can from a particularly difficult opening to the season.

An awful Leeds team made QPR look good. 

Leeds had no real outlet and the most predictable forward play since Roy Hodgeson picked Raheem Sterling against Iceland, simply garbage. The Sags would have looked good against that. 

I would wager based upon that performance that the question is how close will Leeds be to relegation rather than QPR to promotion.  

I'd rather come from behind and win like we did than 3 nil victory on the opening day. 

We showed strength and character to turn that around. Something we will be able to call upon in the future. We were tested and we pulled through it so even if we do go one nil down in a game LJ can say "remember the Wigan game lads" 

A 3 nil victory is only likely to give false expectations and give complicity.

Funniest comment for me on Sky, "2 of the biggest clubs in The Championship".

On what basis would QPR qualify?

Debt? Proximity to the city of London?

I can think of 10 bigger Championship clubs without trying..

Was genuinely surprised how poor Leeds were: had thought that Monk might have at least tightened up at the back with Green in there, but QPR were in as often as they liked - think they were quite wasteful; could easily have been 5-0.

Will make for an interesting Monday; I currently work with a number of Leeds fans, a Villa fan and a few Geordies. Needless to say "little" Bristol City are given pretty short shrift during football discussions, so if Villa fail to win today, can head in with a wry smile on my face.

And as for the initial question about how long Monk will get if they don't perform; most Leeds fans I know are saying top six minimum this season, what with the money spent, so being their chairman is less patient than them, he'll need to start racking up the wins ASAP...

23 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

QPR have always been a pretty big club to me and far more successful then us

12 minutes ago, samo II said:

Was genuinely surprised how poor Leeds were: had thought that Monk might have at least tightened up at the back with Green in there, but QPR were in as often as they liked - think they were quite wasteful; could easily have been 5-0.

Will make for an interesting Monday; I currently work with a number of Leeds fans, a Villa fan and a few Geordies. Needless to say "little" Bristol City are given pretty short shrift during football discussions, so if Villa fail to win today, can head in with a wry smile on my face.

And as for the initial question about how long Monk will get if they don't perform; most Leeds fans I know are saying top six minimum this season, what with the money spent, so being their chairman is less patient than them, he'll need to start racking up the wins ASAP...

Doesn't the chairman have to refund a percentage of the season ticket money if the team fails to finish in the playoffs?

Monk eh? He's gone from a well run club with everything in place (where he got it wrong and was fired) to the complete opposite. He'll be a L1 manager a year from now at this rate.

Leeds Utd are like Blackpool, the seaside resort. Or any of the rather sad, seen-better-days British seaside resorts (on a grey drizzly day. And before the EU cleaned up the beaches) in need of a lick of paint, and then some. We can only pity them (we could laugh, but we'd have to beat them).

24 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Piss pot little ground and paltry support, bit like the slags.

15 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Doesn't the chairman have to refund a percentage of the season ticket money if the team fails to finish in the playoffs?

Yup; not all the season tickets I don't think, but was a bold move, even if it ends up being a relatively small amount of refunds.

But is less the money the fans I know are concerned about; more the glory/prestige - despite having spent the amount of time in League One than we have in the last ten seasons, they seem to cling to the idea they are a massive deal.  I guess this isn't helped by all the Sky games they get, and the media's obsession with them, but is amusing all the same.

Archived