IGNORED

Nathan Baker

GrahamC

He can thank us for helping him prepare for a season at this level by shanking one into his own net come their visit to the Gate...

Good on him; played well for us during a difficult period.  Just hope for Villa's sake he's lost the habit of making at least one borderline red card-worth challenge each game!

1 minute ago, Selred said:

Lescott is joining Leeds last I heard.

Oh God; Leeds looked bad enough at the back today without adding that feckless mercenary to their ranks.

After his behaviour and performances last season (at his boyhood club, no less) wouldn't want him at City if he offered to pay to play.

A funny one for me is Baker , as Samo said he always seemed likely to get sent off and in one game ,I can't remember which , just before Christmas it looked like he actually wanted to get sent off .

That erratic play and his propensity for injury mean that I am happy that we did n't push the boat out to get him here on a permanent. I'm much happier to watch the Iceman Cometh . :colder:

12 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

A funny one for me is Baker , as Samo said he always seemed likely to get sent off and in one game ,I can't remember which , just before Christmas it looked like he actually wanted to get sent off .

That erratic play and his propensity for injury mean that I am happy that we did n't push the boat out to get him here on a permanent. I'm much happier to watch the Iceman Cometh . :colder:

Blackburn- the only Championship game I've been to that we've lost

42 minutes ago, samo II said:

He can thank us for helping him prepare for a season at this level by shanking one into his own net come their visit to the Gate...

Good on him; played well for us during a difficult period.  Just hope for Villa's sake he's lost the habit of making at least one borderline red card-worth challenge each game!

Apart from when they play us.

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

Apart from when they play us.

Yes; would probably be useful if he'd take an early bath as well as scoring an own goal.

But watching the Villa match just now I don't think they'll struggle to pick up cards; doesn't look like they know how tackle without taking the man first or leaving their studs in/having a little stamp...

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think today's Sheff Wed v Villa will be a good barometer for both sides this season and the EFL itself.

Not impressed with Villa at all; front three worth £25+ million yet they've had about one decent chance between them and it got headed straight at the keeper.

Very much long ball and as mentioned, they are pretty dirty, and not even smart with it.

They give away a lot of free kicks too; am sure that Tomlin would cause them some problems.

Wednesday look much like last season; lots of pressing and very physical, but effective, and you get the impression that they were a little cautious early on, but that has worn off am fancying them for three points here.

5 hours ago, samo II said:

Oh God; Leeds looked bad enough at the back today without adding that feckless mercenary to their ranks.

After his behaviour and performances last season (at his boyhood club, no less) wouldn't want him at City if he offered to pay to play.

Agree about Lescott - he was appalling last season - and if that was him playing for the team he 'supports' well, what a joke! 

And in the midst of their worst season since the late 80s, he 'accidentally' tweeted a pic of his new, super expensive car...utterly inexcusable...

21 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not been to many then?!

Was there for most games during (one of) the great escape(s). One game where David James took.  a free kick outside the box, right in front of the away fans who were going crazy because he moved the ball in from the touch line about 5 yards, found our right back (Rose?) who got the assist- We won by one goal. A few other less eventful games and then in the relegation season I was at the 4-1 over Palace, 4-2 over Cardiff and 5-3 over Barnsley.

Archived