IGNORED

LJ on talksport (Merged)

Elruliri

10 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Not sure if it has been posted on here before (or even on this thread), but he was offered a 10 year contract at Man City to take charge of their whole  academy before he took the Barnsley job 

Wow, I think I'd have taken the Man City job if I was JL, a 10 year contract for an unproven coach?! And around £100 mill on Sterling and Stones, Man City literally have more money than sense....

10 hours ago, City169 said:

I believe it's partly down to establishing contacts when he was a player and looking to go into coaching. And I have a feeling he's said Lansdown helped him with that. Then the other party would be through doing what those clubs saw as a good job with their young players when taking them on loan

LJ does seem very thorough in everything he does, he seems to be a thinker rather than a ranter, it's great if if has been establishing contacts with other clubs.

On 8/9/2016 at 09:34, spudski said:

Also came in top 10 young managers of WORLD football in recent 442 magazine.

A close friend of mine also had a long conversation with Alex Ferguson who spoke very highly of LJ and was very complimentary about him.

Came in at 8, interestingly, Mark Sampson our former Ladies manager, came in at number 4!!

Archived