IGNORED

TV Coverage Oct & Nov

ollywhyte

2 minutes ago, Son Of Nob said:

I'm away on my stag do for the Cardiff game and getting married on the day of the Brighton game.

This is perfect!

It certainly is. The Cardiff game has been moved from my wedding day to the night before. Now my last night of freedom can be spent watching the City on TV.

2 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

It certainly is. The Cardiff game has been moved from my wedding day to the night before. Now my last night of freedom can be spent watching the City on TV.

6 minutes ago, Son Of Nob said:

I'm away on my stag do for the Cardiff game and getting married on the day of the Brighton game.

This is perfect!

Why are you both getting married during the footy season??? Call yourself fans :yawn::whistle::P:nono:

7 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

errr....what about coaches minibuses carloads etc......don't have to go by train do  you?

For people working, getting out of Bristol at rush hour, getting past Newport on the motorway and down to Cardiff, place to park etc getting to the ground will take most of the intervening time. Not much time for fans to be able to drink really. Where as quick train into Cardiff and you'd still have a decent amount of time to drink.

Also do you trust the replacement bus service to get through Bristol traffic, through the clog that always happens at the Newport junctions and get there on time? Can bet the driver will be someone who doesn't know Newport all that well and rather than get off at junction 24 and go through Newport with a few bus lanes will go to junction 25a being nearer to the station but the traffic is awful between 24 and 25a and likely to hold the bus up even longer.

1 hour ago, stogursey red said:

Checked the trains if you can get to Bristol Temple Meads for 1700 you can do it

1700 train BTM to Bristol Parkway 1707

1717 rail replacenent bus BP to Newport 1817

1837 train Newport to Cardiff 1851

I reckon an hour for a bus from Bristol to Newport at rush hour on a Friday night might be pushing it sliightly.

3 hours ago, hodge said:

Also do you trust the replacement bus service to get through Bristol traffic, through the clog that always happens at the Newport junctions and get there on time? Can bet the driver will be someone who doesn't know Newport all that well and rather than get off at junction 24 and go through Newport with a few bus lanes will go to junction 25a being nearer to the station but the traffic is awful between 24 and 25a and likely to hold the bus up even longer.

I used that service multiple times over the last few years and it's never been too bad- admittedly mostly on Sunday's. The coach is only from Parkway, so hardly any of the Bristol traffic

4 minutes ago, City169 said:

I used that service multiple times over the last few years and it's never been too bad- admittedly mostly on Sunday's. The coach is only from Parkway, so hardly any of the Bristol traffic

Fair enough if its from Parkway but still don't fancy the traffic round Newport, went to uni there for 3 years and had to drive beyond Newport at when its busy as well. It'll just come down to luck of the traffic on the day.

7 minutes ago, hodge said:

Fair enough if its from Parkway but still don't fancy the traffic round Newport, went to uni there for 3 years and had to drive beyond Newport at when its busy as well. It'll just come down to luck of the traffic on the day.

Newport stations not far in though is it?

always seemed to be there pretty quickly

It's not a huge distance its the road that goes into town is a pain for getting clogged fairly easily, another reason why I think it would be easier to go in Junction 24 and through the outskirts of Newport where there are a few bus lanes and lights where its bus only.

Archived