IGNORED

Tammy or Kodjia

AshtonGreat

1 hour ago, City169 said:

Wasn't Rooneys debut when he scored a cracker against Arsenal for Everton?

I could be wrong, but it was early in his career

Tammy scored a scuffed header against a ropey wigan side for bristol city, and rooney scores a 20 yard rocket against probably the best defence in the country, and people on here are comparing the 2?? People need to quit smoking the herbal cigarettes.

Just now, simon uk said:

Tammy scored a scuffed header against a ropey wigan side for bristol city, and rooney scores a 20 yard rocket against probably the best defence in the country, and people on here are comparing the 2?? People need to quit smoking the herbal cigarettes.

I refer you to my previous comment where I said I wasn't comparing them.

"Before someone twists what I'm saying, I am not suggesting Tammy will be as good as Rooney, or better, or worse. Just that he is the last person I remember making such an impact at that age."

People need to read what's been typed. Never mind, I knew it was just a matter of time.

4 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Rashford? There are umpteen players at clubs who arent bristol city who have scored on their debuts who we arent familiar with.

You still ignore the fact you were falsely accusing me of comparing Abraham to Rooney, despite me pretty explicitly saying I wasn't suggesting Abraham would become as good

15 minutes ago, City169 said:

You still ignore the fact you were falsely accusing me of comparing Abraham to Rooney, despite me pretty explicitly saying I wasn't suggesting Abraham would become as good

Dear god, would you like me to apologise? Why did you put them in the same sentence then? 

Just now, simon uk said:

Dear god, would you like me to apologise? Why did you put them in the same sentence then? 

I'd rather you apologise than dishonestly twist my words.

They were in the same sentence because the question was the last time a player made such an impact at Tammys age, Rashford had slipped my mind, so Rooney was the most recent one I could think of. Is it really that hard to read exactly what's in the thread?

2 hours ago, City169 said:

Last time I remember a player Tammys age making such an impact was Rooney.

Before someone twists what I'm saying, I am not suggesting Tammy will be as good as Rooney, or better, or worse. Just that he is the last person I remember making such an impact at that age.

I was really surprised by his physical strength and his desire.  Great attitude.

His movement was really impressive too and he seems to have an assurance about him to the degree that I fully expect him to take Kodjia to task if he fails to play him in.

He'll have lean patches and poor performances but he looks the real deal to me.  

If we can nurture his talents and improve him as a player it will reflect well on us as a club and LJ as a manager.  Will improve our chances of another decent loan.  Given our limited spending power in comparison to those on parachute payments this is a very useful and valuable strategy.  Like nothing more than seeing us develop our own, but to see a young and exciting talent develop even if belongs to another club is quite rewarding as a fan. 

Everyone's a winner.

Archived