IGNORED

Thoughts on Today's match

Bs4Red

4 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

Where to begin?

Burton Albion, one of the strangest and smallest grounds I've been to in the FL, manned turnstiles and a rammed terrace.

Rammed!!!!!?

Guessing you didn't go to football before the 90's!?

I can't believe the negativity! It wasn't a great game, but it was always going to be a difficult one. Burton's first game in the Chamionship, and they never stopped working, closing us down, giving us very little space and no time on the ball. We dug in and ground a result. 

Kodjia worked hard all game. Neither him nor Abraham had great service, because it was so tight in the middle, but he ran and ran and fully deserved the assist for our winner.

Magnusson looked as good as he did second half last week. Growing in confidence. And what a lovely guy: when the players shook hands at the start the Burton team was led by a very disabled lad in a wheelchair being pushed by a career: the lad couldn't shake hands, and every other player just shook hands with a the career, but Magnusson bent down and gave the lad a pat on the shoulder. Lovely touch.

And lastly, M Kelly take note: bought a bottle of water in the ground; cost at Ashton Gate £2. At Burton, 30p!!

5 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

Where to begin?

Burton Albion, one of the strangest and smallest grounds I've been to in the FL, manned turnstiles and a rammed terrace. The ground not much different to FGR for reference. 

Thought we start slowly and things didn't really go for us, Nigel Clough had clearly scouted us well and highlighted Little as a weak link. All their joy today came from his side. Position wise he is so poor, got caught so many times and Burton just didn't take their chances. They will be going home today wondering how they have lost that game. 

We didn't deserve the win today, we were lethargic and we're lucky to go in front at HT.

Second half was all about slowing game down and crawling to victory. Burton probably had 5 good chances to level the game before they eventually did. 

I thought Kodjia was shocking today, rarely gets his head up when TA is making unreal runs in behind. 

Once we conceded our urgency came back and we looked like a side who wanted to win the game. Wilbs who I'm not a lover of was excellent when he came on and gave us another dimension.

Overall 2 wins from 2 and not playing great. Last season we'd have lost both of those games. Going in the right direction. Absolutely buzzing. No sweeter thing than a 90 minute winner

Ratings:

ROD 8

JB 7

HM 7

Flint 7

Little 4

Brownhill 5

GO 8

Tomlin 3

CO 6

JK 5

TA 9

Most of what you say is a fair assesment of today we were lucky to get the win and it was buzzing to at the end but how can you give someone a 3 when they part of a team that won away from home? He must have been contributing more than a 3. For me kodj did as much as Abraham he just didn't get the goals (and I think he would have stuck away the one on one).

A win away from home is a great win and remember Little was up against one of the best wingers he will face this year in Lloyd Dyer. Magnusson and Flint look decent together aswell.

Like I say agree with most of it, but let's not be too harsh on any of them, great day out!

COYR

18 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Was only born in the 90s fella. It was pretty packed though to be honest

I'm sounding old now but if you've stood on terracing in the 70's trust me there is not a single ground in the country which is rammed or packed now. H&S rules today's world.

Would be nice to be your age though.

4 minutes ago, TMS said:

Most of what you say is a fair assesment of today we were lucky to get the win and it was buzzing to at the end but how can you give someone a 3 when they part of a team that won away from home? He must have been contributing more than a 3. For me kodj did as much as Abraham he just didn't get the goals (and I think he would have stuck away the one on one).

A win away from home is a great win and remember Little was up against one of the best wingers he will face this year in Lloyd Dyer. Magnusson and Flint look decent together aswell.

Like I say agree with most of it, but let's not be too harsh on any of them, great day out!

COYR

That fair enough, I just thought tomlin was shocking today. Didn't look interested and most frustrating was the way he got booked. Was asif he wanted to get sent off. 

The difference is TA was making runs and being ignored by JK. JK head looks elsewhere in my opinion. 

Like you absolutely buzzing with the result and wouldn't mind wins like that every week. Wasn't trying to put people down, was just my opinion. Win or lose you can still have players who play well in a losing team or bad in a winning ect 

The forum is almost at meltdown?

Yet, we have won all three games, admittedly without too much rhythm but it is a marathon not a sprint. for pity's sake Mo Farah won a gold medal last night even though he fell over so shall we all slag him off for that ungainly stumble?

I have known seasons when we did not win anywhere until end October so lets cool it a bit. LJ and the players know they are not running like a well oiled Rolls Royce and will do everything in their power to improve. I dread to think what the comments would be if we followed Newcastle or Blackburn.  

Picking on individuals will never be productive so let's get behind them instead of all the moaning.

9 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Picking on individuals will never be productive so let's get behind them instead of all the moaning.

Agree completely.

Last time we did anything notable at this level, we probably didn't have the best collection of individuals in the league, but we had a good team ethic and approach.

Right now, we clearly still building that, and although some of our players aren't setting the world alight, once we find that rhythm, I can see them really contributing, despite their flaws.

The likes of Little and Kojdia mag not be at the top of their game just now, but neither is the whole team.  We'll see more from all of them over the coming months, I'm sure.  And that is exciting.

Rewatched our goals again yesterday, and is noticeable that both our most maligned players from yesterday were involved in the winning goal (Little's dinked pass out to Kodjia, who rolled his man to get in behind), so I guess that even if they've not played blinders, there is something to work with.  We shouldn't wrote either off completely.

59 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

The forum is almost at meltdown?

Yet, we have won all three games, admittedly without too much rhythm but it is a marathon not a sprint. for pity's sake Mo Farah won a gold medal last night even though he fell over so shall we all slag him off for that ungainly stumble?

I have known seasons when we did not win anywhere until end October so lets cool it a bit. LJ and the players know they are not running like a well oiled Rolls Royce and will do everything in their power to improve. I dread to think what the comments would be if we followed Newcastle or Blackburn.  

I agree wholeheartedly with your last sentence , we should be picking on the whole team .

Archived