IGNORED

Tonight's coverage

Tim S

Useful for anyone not in the Bristol/Somerset area and cant listen on BBC Bristol or BBC Somerset - tonight's match is also on Five Live Sports Extra. So you should be able to listen wherever you are in the country. It will also be available via the BBC Sport website too. 

20 minutes ago, Tim S said:

Useful for anyone not in the Bristol/Somerset area and cant listen on BBC Bristol or BBC Somerset - tonight's match is also on Five Live Sports Extra. So you should be able to listen wherever you are in the country. It will also be available via the BBC Sport website too. 

Are they broadcasting the same comms feed or do we have to put up with some big name pundits chatting ignorantly as if they know anything about the players?

5 hours ago, MurrayLives said:

They seemed to call us Bristol City throughout. Did say Kodeeja up until HT though.

I tweeted Darren Eadie and Chris Goreham early into the game.  Chris replied (at Halftime) that he asked a City fan who told him it was Kodeeeeeja.  He still didn't get it quite right, calling him kodjeeeeea.  Ah well.

Lucky he didn't pronounce it wheelie-bin.

I listened to the coverage via 5live extra and was really impressed. the commentator had certainly done his homework and new all our players pretty well, both he and Eadie seemed really impressed with Joe Bryan in particular. They even came up with some fact about Reid having a cousin who played ( i am guessing locally) although I didn't catch the name, I was pretty sure it wasn't something I had heard before. I didn't feel the commentary was biased really even though it had every right to be, I gathered from some of the comments that Eadie has not endeared himself to the Norwich fans because he is prepared to be honest about their team, which is no bad thing.

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I listened to the coverage via 5live extra and was really impressed. the commentator had certainly done his homework and new all our players pretty well, both he and Eadie seemed really impressed with Joe Bryan in particular. They even came up with some fact about Reid having a cousin who played ( i am guessing locally) although I didn't catch the name, I was pretty sure it wasn't something I had heard before. I didn't feel the commentary was biased really even though it had every right to be, I gathered from some of the comments that Eadie has not endeared himself to the Norwich fans because he is prepared to be honest about their team, which is no bad thing.

They did keep referring to Mark Little as `the former Wolves man` though. He was at their academy and played 27 times in five years for the first team leaving six years ago! You`d have thought `former Peterborough man` would have made more sense given they`re local (ish).

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

They did keep referring to Mark Little as `the former Wolves man` though. He was at their academy and played 27 times in five years for the first team leaving six years ago! You`d have thought `former Peterborough man` would have made more sense given they`re local (ish).

my work takes to me to Peterborough regularly and although I am never 100% where it is, it doesn't appear to be local to anything in particular :)

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

my work takes to me to Peterborough regularly and although I am never 100% where it is, it doesn't appear to be local to anything in particular :)

It is a strange place indeed. I worked up there for about a year and found it very odd.  They don`t seem to be quite sure whether they`re Londoners, Midlanders or East Anglians.

23 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yeah, I thought they were unbiased.  Eadie is from Chippenham in case you wondered about his accent.

Antony McNamee is Reid's cousin.  Ex-Watford, Norwich and Swindon.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, I thought they were unbiased.  Eadie is from Chippenham in case you wondered about his accent.

Antony McNamee is Reid's cousin.  Ex-Watford, Norwich and Swindon.

They were quite happy to point out Norwich`s shortcomings which is unusual for local radio and were very knowledgeable about us - obviously done their homework.

Archived