IGNORED

Sports Personality 2016

ChippenhamRed

On 22 August 2016 at 19:34, Cunnyfunt said:

If it was on personality alone then Andrew 'Beef' Johnstone by a country mile. 

Team of the year surely Leicester City. 

Has to be the Foxes. We seem to have forgotten already how historic their achievement was three months ago. (Though the hockey girls do play all in red and have a certain charm lacking in Vardy.......)

Leicester has to be team of the year, if anyone would have come close I'd have said the mens Rugby Union team, grand slam and a series whitewash down under, or will BBC cheapskate it and put 'Team GB' in the category for team of the year...

Bolt for overseas sportsman? Completing the triple triple (for now) 

Coach - Think this should be Eddie Jones, the transformation of the rugby side in such a short space of time is incredible, Ranieri while still an incredible achievement has the ability to buy players where as Jones had to work with the same side that got eliminated in the group stage of the world cup in the summer.

Young SPOTY - Amy Tinkler, 16 years old and won an Olympic medal.

On 24/08/2016 at 14:25, hodge said:

Leicester has to be team of the year, if anyone would have come close I'd have said the mens Rugby Union team, grand slam and a series whitewash down under, or will BBC cheapskate it and put 'Team GB' in the category for team of the year...

Bolt for overseas sportsman? Completing the triple triple (for now) 

Coach - Think this should be Eddie Jones, the transformation of the rugby side in such a short space of time is incredible, Ranieri while still an incredible achievement has the ability to buy players where as Jones had to work with the same side that got eliminated in the group stage of the world cup in the summer.

Young SPOTY - Amy Tinkler, 16 years old and won an Olympic medal.

Agree with all of those, and for SPOTY I would go for Andy Murray, especially if he goes on to reach the final of the US Open as well.

Archived