IGNORED

Travel post match - help needed.

Jimbo76

Morning,

Former season ticket holder for 5 years before moving to the real West Country (Devon) :-) 

As happens with kids, work and all things grown up, I now have to watch longingly from afar.

Apart from this Saturday, where the otherwise depressing act of turning 40 means I get to come and see us beat Rafa's men from a shiny new stadium.

All of which is a very lengthy intro to a dull question. 

Me and a mate have got to be back at temple meads by 1745.

Bus? Taxi? Power walking?

Be grateful for some advice.

Thanks 

If it was me I'd walk, depending on the weather of course, shouldn't take more than 30 mins. The traffic will be gridlocked around the stadium after the game with the large crowd, there is the A1 bus from Winterstoke Road opposite KFC but that could well take longer than the walking time as it goes via the Centre.

ralphindevon is your expert on this.

I tend to get the 6:15ish train which can be dirt cheap ticket price wise and avoids stressing with the bus getting back in time for earlier departures. There is/was buses leaving AG back to The Centre/Temple Meads. We tried power walking once (albeit including a trip to the off-licence enroute) but ended up flagging down a taxi three quarters of the way back. 

Glad to see (even) more City fans in the area. As you say proper West Country down here, unlike the plastics in Bristol. 

The A1 (Abus company) will get you back to TM well before 17.45. But you have to be a bit sharp out of the stadium to get on it as it fills up. So if a long way from an exit such as top of South Stand, move closer to exit five minutes before end of game.

PS. It takes me 30 minutes to walk the 2 miles to TM and I'm 73 years so any reasonably fit person can do it without getting a taxi for last half mile.

• Admin
1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

There are 2 trains due to leave Parson St, (17.04 and 17.35) that will get you to Temple Meads by then.

Never make the 17:04, the game often finishes at 5pm

The other one leaves them 3 minutes to make their connection

Game should be over by 5 at the latest. A quick round of applause to the lads for an excellent win and then scarper. The walk back along Coronation Rd gets quicker as the crowds thin out. But, you're a spring chicken so should make your train with at least 10mins to spare.

I get the A1 bus home. There are usually two of them, although I noticed a third for the Wigan game. This does stop at Temple Meads and the first leave 5ish, then a 10-15mins wait till the next one goes. 

If it were me, I wouldn't rely on the bus. Walk quickly and with purpose and you'll be fine.

11 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

Game should be over by 5 at the latest. A quick round of applause to the lads for an excellent win and then scarper. The walk back along Coronation Rd gets quicker as the crowds thin out. But, you're a spring chicken so should make your train with at least 10mins to spare.

I get the A1 bus home. There are usually two of them, although I noticed a third for the Wigan game. This does stop at Temple Meads and the first leave 5ish, then a 10-15mins wait till the next one goes. 

If it were me, I wouldn't rely on the bus. Walk quickly and with purpose and you'll be fine.

OK if you are seated near one of the voms otherwise it's a stop/start/slow waddle out.

Thanks very much. I'm thinking walk and brave the weather. (I am from Devon).

Unless we win 6-0, in which case I'll be looking round Cotham for the Steam Tavern pub, a curry down Balti St and then off to Kickers nightclub (student days from 20 years ago).

Thanks again. 

Archived