IGNORED

FIFA 17

BRISTOL86

Was always a PES man traditionally. FIFA seemed to storm ahead during the 00's but PES, at least gameplay wise has certainly closed the gap in recent years. Never comes close to FIFA's presentation and all over polish though.

I was too, up until about '06 when the Xbox One came out and PES was horrible on next gen. 

FIFA has gone so immensely huge now that Konami have really struggled to compete with the money behind EA. 

EA have also been very clever in the way it's marketed to kids, they've swept up the whole generation that have never had two good sides to pick from, so to speak. 

Your absolutely right there. FIFA is a massive brand. Konami just couldn't compete with the marketing and presentation side, hampered as well by having the inferior licence to use player and team names.

Still, PES can offer the purer game play when they get it right. Be interesting to see how both this years titles match up.

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Certainly irrational to spend any money on a game that the globally corrupt organisation of FIFA lends its name to.

As much as I dislike Blatter and his cronies, where do you draw the line? I still wouldn't hesitate to go and watch England at a FIFA World Cup if I had the chance...!

Archived