IGNORED

Fed up of "Local World" websites (Bristol Post)

WestfieldRed

Surely I can't be the only person who is now choosing not to read stories on any of the "Local World" media sites because of the ridiculous advertising plastered all across the page?

Firstly any page of the site takes roughly 23 hours to load in the first place, and then when reading the 3rd line of an article you're interrupted by a full page pop-up advert or a random video that starts playing on the side of the page.

I understand that these media outlets need to supplement their dwindling income by selling ad space online, but surely there's a less intrusive and infuriating way of doing it??

As if a person needed another reason not to read Andy Stockhausen's various musings on the happenings down at the Gate!

You can't even scroll down the page without a 90's dial-up rate of lag.

:grr:

2 hours ago, WestfieldRed said:

Surely I can't be the only person who is now choosing not to read stories on any of the "Local World" media sites because of the ridiculous advertising plastered all across the page?

Firstly any page of the site takes roughly 23 hours to load in the first place, and then when reading the 3rd line of an article you're interrupted by a full page pop-up advert or a random video that starts playing on the side of the page.

I understand that these media outlets need to supplement their dwindling income by selling ad space online, but surely there's a less intrusive and infuriating way of doing it??

As if a person needed another reason not to read Andy Stockhausen's various musings on the happenings down at the Gate!

You can't even scroll down the page without a 90's dial-up rate of lag.

:grr:

The sad thing is that if you ever read the adverts, they are so annoying that they would put you off buying the goods or services advertised.  The thing that Stockhausen's drivel is headed up in lots of different ways from Twitter and other links, and they are all bask to the same story, which do piss I off!  I expect they get paid for every time you click on a link, but they are cheating their advertisers because as soon as people realise that they have read the story before, they leave the site without reading further.  Waste of time and money if you ask me!  Our time and the advertisers money!

Archived