IGNORED

Mrtyn Margetson

jimmyb

Due to some kind of cock up martyn margetson is now out of contract with cardiff - keeper who did really well last year for them and got called up to play for wales.

From what i've heard good solid keeper who would at last - certainly for the first time in 2/3/ years - provide some real competition for phillips

caridff havent offered contract but swansea are apparently going to offer him 3 yr deal - he does want to stay in south wales but come on it aint that far - always a lift share with robbo if neccessary

all this talk of strikers we are forgetting the other end of the pitch!!!!

I said this time last year that we needed competition for Philips, as Stowell is a back up and back up only. If Steve was ever injured, then I would not be so confident with Stowell taking over.

Personally I would have thought that Scott Brown would have been kept for next season, although he has since gone and signed for someone else (can't remember who - Cheltenham!?)

We seem to have cover for Strikers, especially if McClean signs, and the defence seems fine. We could possibly do with an extra midfield player that can tackle well and is not a lightweight, but above that I think we really need another Goalkeeper.

Martyn Margetson is an experienced keeper whose seemed to be around for years and years... I think Swansea will interest him more as it's a guarentee of first team football.

Phillips is a good keeper but to keep him on form I think it's essential you get good competition for him to keep his game up.

Steve Mildenhall is on the transfer list at Notts County (for a free I believe)

Danny Milosevic turned down Millwall recently, he's ex-Leeds....

...and it's worth looking at who Bradford had in goal last year! They've got no money!

Philips is the best keeper in the Divison by a long shot - neva mind competition, worry about keeping hold of him !

And what happens if he gets injured? Stowell is way past it as far as first team footy goes - Plymouth showed that last year. All competition is healthy and having a goalkeeper ready to step in if neccessary could be vital for us - gettin quality keepers is hard so to have 2 on the books could only be good for us.

Yeah he may get first team football at swansea but wales arent going to look at him again if hes playin 3rd division football so we have the advantage in that respect

why would we want the bradford keeper, they got relagated last season, he must have let in a ton of goals :D

Didn't QUITE get the sarcasm there did you dude! But saying that Paul Robinson at Leeds is a quality keeper, his defence was rubbish hense relegation

A number of relegated teams over the years have had fine goalkeepers but the other players have let them down.

Cover for Phillips is essential - and Stowell is too old to do the job should Phillips suffers a serious injury. I guess the management would rely on a loan signing, but I'd still feel better about the situation if we had cover. Margetson may be a reasonable target - and as for the Bradford keeper - I suppose with the defence that was in front of him, he's had plenty of practice!

Archived