IGNORED

Saturday's Game

Ivorguy

14 minutes ago, Griffin said:

He also predicted Newcastle to finish top & Huddersfield to be 23rd, as things stand I'm fairly confident now he's said this.

Can see why he backed Newcastle - most of us would.  But I suspect anyone who follows the Championship over the summer would think Wagner has made 1) a lot of transfers and 2) decent players assuming they gel.  No way 23rd.

Stuff Holloway, I'm looking for one of those old Keegan style Newcastle 4-3 type games.

Hopefully we'll be the team scoring 4.  Two apiece for JK and TA... courtesy of four assists for Mr Tomlin.

Just for kicks, Gayle will score a hat-trick but still finish on the losing side.

I'll say one thing for Holloway, the bloke is hilarious.

I caught a bit of Sky's EFL Goals show last Saturday . . . a programme timed to act as a spoiler for Channel 5's 9pm effort I imagine.

Holloway was one of the pundits and they tried to do some in-depth analysis of Villa's goals. It would be impossible to find anyone with less idea of how to operate one of Sky's fancy touch screens than him. Every time he touched it, nothing happened.

As an aside, although they showed City's goals at Burton quite early in the show there was no mention of our game in the analysis whatsoever.

15 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Holloway predicts that Newcastle will run riot.

Splendid.  Now I am confident in a 3-0 success for City

COYR

Might have imagined it, but when I was watching the FL72 highlights show on Sky last weekend, the presenter Kelly Dalglish mentioned Bristol City were top of the table and it sounded like 'guest pundit' Holloway whispered 'Sh*theads' under his breath but it was picked up by the microphone....obviously can't be certain but it didn't half sound like it!

Archived