IGNORED

Saturday 29th Sep. 1990

MigratedRobin

3 minutes ago, City169 said:

I like the optimism, but I fear tomorrow will be the day I see City lose a Championship game for the second time.

That's a negative young'un. 

Being a City fan means that you must believe. Even when you're 2-0 down with 15 minutes to play, having not created a chance all game, you still believe you can score 3!

9 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Being a City fan means that you must believe. Even when you're 2-0 down with 15 minutes to play, having not created a chance all game, you still believe you can score 3!

I'm normally one of the happy clappers! Just have a feeling about tomorrow, predicting 3-1 defeat.

5 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

That's the spirit Fordy. Having been 2-0 down against Leeds last season with 0 minutes to play and created nothing all game proves your point.

I was there that day.

Got soaked to the skin on the open terrace behind the goal as it rained most of the 2nd half of the game and then rained even harder at full time while the police kept us on the terrace despite our coaches being inside the ground next to the toilets and snack bars and wouldn't let us on them for a good 15 minutes after the game.

You;ll most likely beat us today mind as we aren't very good.

Thats right, I remember. Soaking wet day... Absolutely horrible. We scored in the first half and held on. I was at the bottom of the old williams stand. When I got home, my mum told me that my grandma had visited and I was so sad that I'd missed her that I cried. Even evil dictators have soft sides.

As for today... Newcastle will surely be favourites but the forecast of rain is a good omen for a repeat of that day 26 years ago,

Archived