IGNORED

Membership cards & stadium access

arrytheb

1st year I've opted for a membership deal and when I purchased my ticketfor tomorrow I'm pretty certain I had the option to 'load' the ticket onto the card rather than print it. Does that sound right? Cards don't have any visible chip or scan code so assume it's all built in?

Cheers

2 minutes ago, arrytheb said:

1st year I've opted for a membership deal and when I purchased my ticketfor tomorrow I'm pretty certain I had the option to 'load' the ticket onto the card rather than print it. Does that sound right? Cards don't have any visible chip or scan code so assume it's all built in?

Cheers

Yes you did get the option and yes your card will work at the stadium assuming that's what you selected.

1 minute ago, arrytheb said:

Cheers

Yes that's right mate, thought the same when i did it last season but it works fine, chip must be embedded in the card but not visible

• Admin
7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

"Print out"....old school Dolly! Just show them the email on your phone! ;-)

Email on phones, what sorcery is this you talk of, my little Nokia makes phone calls and has these new fangled text messages.....  I mourn the passing of cash only turnstiles!

OK Stupid question if you load onto your card, but don't have the seat number with you, how do you prove which seat is yours?  Do the stewards have some way of reading the card?

5 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

OK Stupid question if you load onto your card, but don't have the seat number with you, how do you prove which seat is yours?  Do the stewards have some way of reading the card?

Much easier just to make sure you know it in advance.

Edit - little tip assuming you have a smart phone. I take a screenshot of the email for seat numbers and/or in case of issues - saves searching your emails and also means you don't need signal.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Yes, you just use them like an Oyster card on the London Underground.

With the added bonus no one will put a copy of the Metro in your mouth and you won't be kneecapped by a Chinese tourist pulling the world's biggest pink suitcase.

• Admin
23 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Edit - little tip assuming you have a smart phone. I take a screenshot of the email for seat numbers and/or in case of issues - saves searching your emails and also means you don't need signal.

This, I had to make a note of the seat number. Also, there is no way of proving it unless you have a print out of the confirmation.  Luckily, I was never asked, but defeats the object, unless a steward can scan the card, if you have to carry a print out confirmation. 

12 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Thanks CR, just done that as used wifes FB membership and taking my son in law who comes from Ecuador to his first English footie match.

I was told that last season's cards which they said weren't going to be replaced, don't upload this season's ticket information. New cards would be sent out before the Villa match. 

Sometimes you have a feeling that nobody knows what's going on.

Archived