IGNORED

Newcastle game sell out

bs3

It's a long story but I needed a last minute ticket for today's game, so I went online early this morning to purchase a ticket for today's game. I read on bcfctweets  you were able to buy tickets online before 9:00 am on Saturday.  

When I logged on to the web site the entire game is sold out.  Is there still a restriction for on the capacity? or have we sold 27,000 tickets, if we have sold that many tickets that is a great effort by the fans and really shows we can compete at this level on and off the pitch.

However I still need a ticket, if anyone have one going spare could they PM me please.

1 minute ago, bs3 said:

It's a long story but I needed a last minute ticket for today's game, so I went online early this morning to purchase a ticket for today's game. I read on bcfctweets  you were able to buy tickets online before 9:00 am on Saturday.  

When I logged on to the web site the entire game is sold out.  Is there still a restriction for on the capacity? or have we sold 27,000 tickets, if we have sold that many tickets that is a great effort by the fans and really shows we can compete at this level on and off the pitch.

However I still need a ticket, if anyone have one going spare could they PM me please.

Sold out with a reduced capacity of around 23k due to safety certificate limitations.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Sold out with a reduced capacity of around 23k due to safety certificate limitations.

Still a great effort and that proves we needed a stadium of 27,000 if  we can sell  23,000 tickets for a game in August when fans are  on holiday and there is still a demand on the day.

19 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

If Newcastle had been allowed the Atyeo , no safety restrictions, would have been 26,000 plus 

why risk being drowned out by Newcastles magnificent travelling support and make life even more difficult for us ? we want to win games dont we ? just ask Reading fans about giving the entire away end to away fans........

26 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

If Newcastle had been allowed the Atyeo , no safety restrictions, would have been 26,000 plus 

Don't believe that is true.....the safety restriction is due to the west stand being new and requiring test events especially as in places it's not totally complete 

7 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

why risk being drowned out by Newcastles magnificent travelling support and make life even more difficult for us ? 

Think of all that naked ( and usually overweight) flesh on display.

6 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

why risk being drowned out by Newcastles magnificent travelling support and make life even more difficult for us ? we want to win games dont we ? just ask Reading fans about giving the entire away end to away fans........

Worked out really well for us in January didn't it.

This has been done to death recently on the stadium thread, but there are pros and cons to both approaches.

These are my thoughts on the issue (copied from the stadium thread).

I don't believe giving away fans more tickets would be a "massive" advantage. I think it would give a visiting team a small advantage that could make the difference on some occasions. But, more often than not, matches are decided by who has the most talented and best organised team with the most effective tactics. Those are by far the biggest factors in deciding the outcome of a game. Equally I would also say that 15,000 home fans shouldn't really be scared of 4,000 away supporters; home advantage should be much bigger influence. A large away following can also spur on home support and make for a better atmosphere overall.

The extra income the club could be earning from more away fans gives a more obvious and tangible benefit that would feed directly into making the club and the team more successful.

But, I can see both sides on this one and I do understand the concern. It is annoying when you're sat in your own ground and all you can hear are away fans - and that does happen more often when you let a lot of them in.

2 minutes ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

All the tickets sold out. 

Therefore what you are advocating is giving the away fans more tickets offset against less tickets for home fans. Are you a Newcastle fan in disguise? 

That's not what they're saying. The suggestion is that without today's reduced capacity, you could give more to away fans and still have enough tickets for all home fans who want one.

SL wants to fill AG with City fans - like Norwich fans fill Carrot Road - not with bloody visiting fans! And we are 2 games into this "project" and already people are falling over themselves to giving up thousands of seats to visiting big clubs.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Let's see if we can get to where Norwich (and Brighton) are before we settle for being a Fulham or Preston (or worse, a MK).

9 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Sorry but that is not true. The restrictions are mainly down to the new West Stand and safety certificate.

900 seats lost in Atyeo due to segregation, they would probably have a smaller segregation area but some of the Atyeo fans have proven not to be the most sensible. 

Suggested that having home fans in Atyeo can cost the club up to 50k in ticket sales a game, when promoted to prem. They will rightly get bumped out. 

12 minutes ago, Hartcliffe red said:

How many teams in champ give nearly 5k to away fans....not many! 2.5k is plenty no?

No.  3k-3500 seems to be the average allocation, sadly not something can offer at the moment, 

However with stadium finished I've no doubt that will change in the next season or two. 

If the legendary 'section 82' don't think they can outsing 3000 fans then that's their problem.  To be honest the sound coming from Atyeo last season was pretty poor from Home & Away fans 

23 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

SL wants to fill AG with City fans - like Norwich fans fill Carrot Road - not with bloody visiting fans! And we are 2 games into this "project" and already people are falling over themselves to giving up thousands of seats to visiting big clubs.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Let's see if we can get to where Norwich (and Brighton) are before we settle for being a Fulham or Preston (or worse, a MK).

^This post contains one of my favourite autocorrect errors ever.

16 minutes ago, Hartcliffe red said:

How many teams in champ give nearly 5k to away fans....not many! 2.5k is plenty no?

Exactly. Wish people would stop with this small club mentally.. Fo0k the likes of Newcastle, 2.5k is plenty.. Lets focus on filling the seats with our OWN fans. We live in a city and surrounding area of over a million FFS lets try and utilise our fanbase that is clearly out there waiting to be tapped into.

49 minutes ago, Bowie said:

No.  3k-3500 seems to be the average allocation, sadly not something can offer at the moment, 

However with stadium finished I've no doubt that will change in the next season or two. 

If the legendary 'section 82' don't think they can outsing 3000 fans then that's their problem.  To be honest the sound coming from Atyeo last season was pretty poor from Home & Away fans 

I don't get this attitude about the Atyeo lot out singing the away supporters, surely the point of being at home is to have all the stands creating an atmosphere, just seems each stand wants to put down other stands when we should be bouncing of each other and creating an atmosphere around the ground

1 hour ago, gamon said:

There's a couple of scousers outside Asda bedminster right now selling tickets if anyone needs one.

How do they always know? The minute a sold out sign goes up anywhere in the country they're there on the street corner with a cardboard sign yelling about buying and selling tickets. It's a gift.

Archived