IGNORED

Phil Neville

BS3_RED

1 hour ago, Big Red Rich said:

Who is GN?

Bar BS3 has not watched MOTD since the early 80's.

The Neville's were good players. Phil has not demonstrated quite the same skill in coaching, management or tv punditry. Time will tell if he improves but it is hard to make a silk purse from a sour's ear.

9 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

Agreed. Talking absolute rubbish. I presume you are on about Stoke's penalty incident? The ref got it spot on IMO.

Yeah, im not sure how PN could even try and argue that is was not a pen. It was even a pen under the old directive. 

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I do usually watch MOTD at some point during the week. 

I still have no idea what GN done wrong though. 

He was trying to argue that a penalty should not have been given against Sterling, when Sterling had his back to the ball and was intentionally stopping a playing attacking it. 

1 hour ago, BS3_RED said:

He was trying to argue that a penalty should not have been given against Sterling, when Sterling had his back to the ball and was intentionally stopping a playing attacking it. 

Im hoping that yesterday's game is an indication of what's to come, where refs will penalise blatant holding. A few penalties given like that and managers will soon change tactics at corners.

Sounds like we suffered from similar Newcastle tactics, but I am sceptical as to whether championship refs will adopt the same approach.

43 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Im hoping that yesterday's game is an indication of what's to come, where refs will penalise blatant holding. A few penalties given like that and managers will soon change tactics at corners.

Sounds like we suffered from similar Newcastle tactics, but I am sceptical as to whether championship refs will adopt the same approach.

Not when we`re playing a `big club` they won`t.

Neville says "professionals" do not like seeing players booked, but holding and wrestling with a player is ok because you have to get close, **** the rules then Neville you ****** and then to say that the referee was right not give Cockelin of Arsenal a 2nd yellow despite a double foul in the same lunge.

Just another couple of points, Costa should have been sent off last week against West Ham but allowed to stay on and score the winner, this week exactly the same should have been booked for a 2nd time for an outrageous dive and again allowed to remain on the pitch, Mata last week at Bournemouth with another outrageous dive, how about sorting those particular problems out retrospectively? instead of allowing these incompetents to hide behind the it wasn't mentioned in their report" shit.

Archived