IGNORED

Looking Promising

RedBrizzleRobin

Despite our two defeats now (which lets be honest, we were mostly expecting), looking deeper in to it, I believe we have a lot to be positive about and there are already many signs we're in for a more comfortable season this time round.  Had we played Norwich City and Newcastle United last season we would have most likely lost those games 4-0 as we did several times last season to the better teams.  The fact that not only did we only lose by a narrow margin but we were competitive in both fixtures and on another day would have came away with something, for me this shows how far we've come already.  The biggest positive for me is you can see that this team is still capable of improving and getting better, something we should all be excited about, some can't yet see it but I think over the coming weeks I think they'll come around.  No, this isn't going to be a team that's challenging for an auto-spot (personally I think we're atleast 2 windows away from that) but as it comes together over the coming weeks, the team begins to gel and performances improve, I'm pretty confident we'll have a team capable of finishing in the top half of the table.  Luckily we won't be playing the Norwich's or Newcastle's of this world week in week out and trying to break down their premiership class defences, so once we get past Villa and we can get stuck into the main bulk of the division we'll find out then just how far ahead/behind we are with the rest of the division and where we can truly gauge ourselves.

Having seen what I've seen so far,  we probably won't be having a stab at the playoffs but I'm willing to put my neck out and confidently say we will finish closer to the top six than the relegation places.  What I'd like to see though is a bit of patience while this team gets up to speed and builds some consistency.  We've clearly got a few more gears to go yet that we've not been able to reach and tactically I think it could take up to half a season to reach the point of how LJ wants us to be playing.   Right now we've a work in progress and a bit of an unfinished article, which does bode well for the future for when we finally get there. Time and patience will be a virtue with us but will pay big dividends over the coming months.  Glass is definitely half-full right now, with the club on the whole moving in the right direction, we're going to have a lot to look forward to over the next few years I feel.

Archived