IGNORED

Gary O'Neil

ollywhyte

Amongst all the doom and gloom, just wanted to say how lucky we are to have him. Clearly a natural born leader, doesn't shy away from any tackle, confident on the ball, protects it well and seems to ahead of the rest in terms of how his brain works. Unbelievable reading of the game and literally does not stop running, even with less than a minute to go there he is picking up the ball to run it to Newcaslte to hasten a corner. Fantastic player with a fantastic attitude. 

34 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

He was fantastic yesterday, I've said on another thread that it was the best midfield performance.by a City player that I've seen in the last 20 years, and I'm deadly serious.

Can't disagree, engine room of the team and made it look easy which is a sign of a class player. Had to calm Tomlin down again after he got booked.

hope he is able to play all season as he will be pivotal to where we end up in the table

9 minutes ago, Welshback said:

He was class yesterday.

I do wonder whether O'Neil and Korey are too similar in terms of position and style, but we're lucky to have them both.

If we're committed to playing very attacking wide players with Tomlin in the hole like the Kodjia - Tammy - Tomlin - Freeman combination then I think having players as combative and comfortable on the ball as O'Neill and Smith will give them the freedom they need.

20 minutes ago, Welshback said:

He was class yesterday.

I do wonder whether O'Neil and Korey are too similar in terms of position and style, but we're lucky to have them both.

I`m not sure but it seems to me that GON seems to do his best stuff to the left and centre of midfield whereas Korey is a bit more right sided so they could complement each other well. The other thing is that neither of them are frightened of getting forward when they can so it will be nice to have confidence that whichever one doesn`t will still be back there if the opposition should break.

Incidentally, was Korey at Norwich at the same time as GON? That could be a bonus if they`ve played together before.

1 hour ago, Agard Days Night said:

The guy sat next to me yesterday said towards the end of the match 'without doubt the worst two players on the pitch are Freeman and O'Neil. WITHOUT DOUBT. By a mile'. Seconds later O'Neil got man of the match. He seemed very certain that O'Neil was awful. Now with all you guys praising him I just don't know what to believe. 

You need to drag him down to Specsavers.

2 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

The guy sat next to me yesterday said towards the end of the match 'without doubt the worst two players on the pitch are Freeman and O'Neil. WITHOUT DOUBT. By a mile'. Seconds later O'Neil got man of the match. He seemed very certain that O'Neil was awful. Now with all you guys praising him I just don't know what to believe. 

Did he have a white stick and a dog with him by any chance!

2 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Yes you do. Disregard the other one's opinion and follow your own. Gary O'Neil was superb, made a couple of mistakes, but for me was top class.

The less I say about LF the better as this is Gary O'Neil's thread.

4 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

3 hours ago, Iron Man said:

Some bloke behind me was questioning his desire.. I thought he was excellent all game, not to mention a few crunching tackles on Colback which the crowd loved. Him and Korey should be our staple midfield all season.

Blame the Tories.

Care in the community has let a lot of seriously deranged people out where they are likely to be a harm to others as well as themselves..

10 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Just goes to prove you can't buy experience and coupled with a great attitude we've got a gem.MOM by a country mile and imo the best player on the pitch. 

You can buy experience, mate - we paid Leeds Utd £40,000 for Norman Hunter in 1976. 

Archived