IGNORED

We could be in trouble next Saturday......

jambodinho

The Villa chairman has tweeted today that they are hoping to sign a "World Class" striker this week. Who could it be?? Aguero? Griezmann? 

Chairmen should really stay off social media, especially when they don't know very much about football. He tweeted the other week that Villa will be the biggest club in the world in 5 years. Bless him

8 minutes ago, jambodinho said:

The Villa chairman has tweeted today that they are hoping to sign a "World Class" striker this week. Who could it be?? Aguero? Griezmann? 

Chairmen should really stay off social media, especially when they don't know very much about football. He tweeted the other week that Villa will be the biggest club in the world in 5 years. Bless him

Kodjia?

Their fans are loving it. Years of suffering that substandard disinterested American chairman, they've got someone engaging and interested.

I guess quite a good comparison would be with Rovers and Wael, the new guy says a lot of things, probably too much, but it's such an antidote to what they've had that supporters lap it up.

Luckily, SL is far more classy than that. Much rather we go about things quietly than lurch from one disaster to the next like so many foreign owned clubs seem to.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Their fans are loving it. Years of suffering that substandard disinterested American chairman, they've got someone engaging and interested.

I guess quite a good comparison would be with Rovers and Wael, the new guy says a lot of things, probably too much, but it's such an antidote to what they've had that supporters lap it up.

Luckily, SL is far more classy than that. Much rather we go about things quietly than lurch from one disaster to the next like so many foreign owned clubs seem to.

Randy Lerner always made me think of Robin Askwith.

2 hours ago, jambodinho said:

Hernandez from Hull for 10m according to social media.

11 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I would suggest that with the Chinese guy having already paid £12m for Ross McCormack, £4m for an Italian goalie, £7m for James Chester, £3m for Jedinak from Palace and with De Laet from Leicester also rumoured to be joining this week as well as the "World class" striker, the comparison with the bloke running Rovers, (who appears to have spent about 26p on new players this summer) would be a very insulting one to him.

Bit like comparing me buying a new garden shed to Steve Lansdown funding our ground improvements..

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

I would suggest that with the Chinese guy having already paid £12m for Ross McCormack, £4m for an Italian goalie, £7m for James Chester, £3m for Jedinak from Palace and with De Laet from Leicester also rumoured to be joining this week as well as the "World class" striker, the comparison with the bloke running Rovers, (who appears to have spent about 26p on new players this summer) would be a very insulting one to him.

Bit like comparing me buying a new garden shed to Steve Lansdown funding our ground improvements..

Or wally buying the gas a tent! 

Any world class strikers ALWAYS make a b-line for the English second division.

I can remember it was only the pressure from Alan Shearers agent who managed to stop him signing for Swindon when he was at the height of his powers.

Ditto Klinsmann. He was headed for Brentford before he was told he had to go to Spurs.

Morons, these world class strikers.

"Next".

Uncle TFR

Archived