IGNORED

Bradley Orr

LSN

Guest tommyisgod

Judging by the official Newcastle website, he looks like he can find the net, 4 in the Barclaycard reserve league & 5 in the Pontins reserve league (not exactly loads, but how many goals did our midfield contribute last season?)

As mentioned before, a few clubs were after him, Leeds included (not that that means anything nowadays!).

Anyway, captured (hopefully) due to Tinmans Newcastle contacts. Long may it continue!

:D

Sounds like another unknown quantity to me - could be the next Tommy Doc, or could be the next Mark Summerbell.

Either way its hardly a signing to get your pulse racing is it !

Sorry to sound so negative with my postings recently, but seeing Hull and Shef Weds snapping up all the decent players (and I still don't think Peacock is a BAD player) recently, I'm just a bit underwhelmed with the signings we are coming up with.

This pre-season seems no different from the pre-seasons under Danny Wilson.

A few uninspiring signings while 2 other clubs go for the better players (and ultimately beat us to promotion)

Sorry to sound so negative with my postings recently, but seeing Hull and Shef Weds snapping up all the decent players (and I still don't think Peacock is a BAD player) recently, I'm just a bit underwhelmed with the signings we are coming up with.

This pre-season seems no different from the pre-seasons under Danny Wilson.

A few uninspiring signings while 2 other clubs go for the better players (and ultimately beat us to promotion)

Which of those two clubs' signings do you wish had come to us, then? And who would you move out of our squad to make room for them?

Maybe I should have said 'going for' rather than 'snapping up' but I'm assuming that Scott Taylor will move to Sheff Weds (he's said he wants to go there and as we saw with Murray last season, thats usually enough) and both they and Hull seem to be able to offer better wages than us (which is why they could attract Lee Peacock).

You're right to point out that both of these teams havent signed anyone of REAL quality yet, but it looks like they are trying to. And I expect they WILL. Have a look at the shortlist of strikers Sheff Weds drew up.

If one or the other signs Maclean, we will be left with Heffernan and Orr, and while they MIGHT do well, i'd have prefered signings with a bit more quality.

The one exception to all this of course was Stephen McPhee - but was he ever REALLY interested in coming to us ? or was it just an approach which we knew had very little chance of success, but thought would please the fans ?

He could be another Shaun Rouse, the guy Denis Smith signed from Glasgow Rangers, who was captain of their reserves but ended up at Weston or turn out to be a gem, I remember when John Ward signed Adam Locke, no one had heard of this Colchester squad player but he was excellent in a 3-5-2 system.

Tinns should know more about midfield players than most of us so hopefully he's picked a winner.

Maybe I should have said 'going for' rather than 'snapping up' but I'm assuming that Scott Taylor will move to Sheff Weds (he's said he wants to go there and as we saw with Murray last season, thats usually enough) and both they and Hull seem to be able to offer better wages than us (which is why they could attract Lee Peacock).

You're right to point out that both of these teams havent signed anyone of REAL quality yet, but it looks like they are trying to.  And I expect they WILL.  Have a look at the shortlist of strikers Sheff Weds drew up.

If one or the other signs Maclean, we will be left with Heffernan and Orr, and while they MIGHT do well, i'd have prefered signings with a bit more quality.

The one exception to all this of course was Stephen McPhee - but was he ever REALLY interested in coming to us ?  or was it just an approach which we knew had very little chance of success, but thought would please the fans ?

Jeezus, pass the razor blades!

He could be another Shaun Rouse, the guy Denis Smith signed from Glasgow Rangers, who was captain of their reserves but ended up at Weston or turn out to be a gem, I remember when John Ward signed Adam Locke, no one had heard of this Colchester squad player but he was excellent in a 3-5-2 system.

Tinns should know more about midfield players than most of us so hopefully he's picked a winner.

I'm hoping his coaching brings them on a bit too. How many left backs have sold sold that looked fantastic playing with Tins, but not quite as good when they moved on? Martin Scott, Jim Brennan, Darren Barnyard, Lasher Lavin etc.. (OK, maybe not Lavin) :Laugh4:

I hope he comes to City(who is he?).

If we're going to get Maclean then a midfielder has to be our next target.Tinman will step back a bit,Mr Brown might be off,Wilkshire will be touring with Australia(cos he's that good).

If we're going to get Maclean then a midfielder has to be our next target.Tinman will step back a bit,Mr Brown might be off,Wilkshire will be touring with Australia(cos he's that good).

• Admin

Perhaps Tins could use his Newcastle connections to sign up Hugo Viana on loan for the opening month to cover whilst Wilkshire is in Greece. His Newcastle appearances have been sporadic thus far and they may be open to getting him some more English first team experience if only for a short period :D

Reading this thread can anyone remember Stuart Munro who we bought from Glasgow Rangers. What a class act he turned out to be :D .

Plus in the Joe Jordan days we made an agreement with Glasgow Rangers that we could have first options on their reserve players while they could have the same opption on our's aswell or somthing like that anyway.

Reading this thread can anyone remember Stuart Munro who we bought from Glasgow Rangers. What a class act he turned out to be :D .

Plus in the Joe Jordan days we made an agreement with Glasgow Rangers that we could have first options on their reserve players while they could have the same opption on our's aswell or somthing like that anyway.

Munro - dodgy player, dodgy barnet, Desperate Dan chin.

Archived