IGNORED

Proposals to reduce size of Championship.

Dave

With the recently announced proposals to have 4 20 team divisions below the Premiership.

I am beginning to suspect a subtle agenda to convince supporters that this would be a good thing by

- constant comments about how far it was to Norwich last week. I do not remember such comments the last time we played there, which was also a night game.

- our manager now commenting about eight games in August.

I don't want eight games less games a season to attend, and I am sure manager and players do not want a cut in their salary by about a sixth, due to clubs lost revenues, through gate money and matchday takings.

What do others think?

Surely we'd still have to travel to Norwich if they were in our division, whether it contained 20 or 24 teams..?! 

I can see the basic thinking behind having 20 teams in all divisions, but it's another step towards benefiting the bigger clubs and making life harder for the smaller clubs, IMO. 

Would less fixtures help or hinder supporters/clubs/players..? A bit of both I guess. 

I'm not sure why it needs doing though and would prefer it if they just left the structure alone. 

The only obvious reasoning that I can see is that it would lend itself very nicely to the winter break, that managers generally seem to be in favour of. 

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Surely we'd still have to travel to Norwich if they were in our division, whether it contained 20 or 24 teams..?! 

I can see the basic thinking behind having 20 teams in all divisions, but it's another step towards benefiting the bigger clubs and making life harder for the smaller clubs, IMO. 

Would less fixtures help or hinder supporters/clubs/players..? A bit of both I guess. 

I'm not sure why it needs doing though and would prefer it if they just left the structure alone. 

The only obvious reasoning that I can see is that it would lend itself very nicely to the winter break, that managers generally seem to be in favour of. 

It would mean the end of night games as Norwich is easier on a Saturday than a Tuesday. However I love night games so **** em. All it would mean is all the FL fans who might go to a midweek match will be at home watching the champions league instead...

3 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

It would mean the end of night games as Norwich is easier on a Saturday than a Tuesday. However I love night games so **** em. All it would mean is all the FL fans who might go to a midweek match will be at home watching the champions league instead...

It would be a real shame to get rid of midweek fixtures. 

There is something special about a game under floodlights. 

IF it was to happen then I'd hope that it meant having a winter break, rather than no midweek fixtures. 

It would also be good if midweek fixtures were (as much as possible) selected for games within a 100 mile radius, that her that what appears to be the complete opposite of them being some of the furthest away games. (Sheff weds, Leeds, Preston, Norwich) 

I don't have a problem if the Championship was reduced to 20 teams and we only played saturdays

BUT sky would move OUR fixtures to fridays saturdays Sundays and Mondays

Two week break,no way.

If it was decided on the last two weeks in January would be the two break break

So our teams  sit out them two weeks when weather may be okay

and we end up with the first two weeks of february covered in ice and snow

The football league chairman decided and voted  about five years ago,

that have no concern about fans have to travel long distance for mid week games

For those who still work and like to travel to away mid week games.

The fans have to have in my opinion have to have two half days off to get to and from mid week away games

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

It would be a real shame to get rid of midweek fixtures. 

There is something special about a game under floodlights. 

IF it was to happen then I'd hope that it meant having a winter break, rather than no midweek fixtures. 

It would also be good if midweek fixtures were (as much as possible) selected for games within a 100 mile radius, that her that what appears to be the complete opposite of them being some of the furthest away games. (Sheff weds, Leeds, Preston, Norwich) 

They don't care about making it easier for fans. Moving United v Southampton to a Friday night proved that. Feel for those fans making the long trip home on a Friday night!

6 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

They don't care about making it easier for fans. Moving United v Southampton to a Friday night proved that. Feel for those fans making the long trip home on a Friday night!

And the Southampton fans.! 

So this 20-team league at the bottom.... to include the remainder (however they work it) of the 12 teams carried over from Champ, L1 & L2....then I guess they would promote 8 teams from the Conference. That sounds like a good thing, more teams in the Professional Football League....

I mean they wouldn't do something stupid like suggest relegating all those 12 teams, reducing their possible turnover and making the pyramid even harder to ever climb, and then having those 8 spaces in that bottom league populated by the 'Elite' Premier League Reserve sides.....

12 hours ago, MelksRed said:

I'm sure that our season ticket price would reduce to reflect the lost games.......err........I think

and players wages reduce as well. I think........not.

i cannot believe clubs will vote for this, but at least our Club should make some effort to discuss with supporters.

Archived