IGNORED

How was the Brislington park & ride?

old_eastender

Bus left about 15 mins late as didn't arrive until it's departure time and then obviously waiting for everyone to board and pay. Took about 30 mins to get to the gate as traffic,  as expected, was busy on telhe A4. After the game we managed to get on a waiting bus (there were actually 2 waiting) and was back in no time at all. For me it was far better than driving and trying to park at the ground and side roads.

Me and my boy tried it for the 1st time. Arrived at bris p+r and straight on bus at 1320. It took 45 min to get to the ground (bad traffic and rd works). On return journey got to bus stop at 1730. Had about a 10 min wait and got back to bris at 1815. Bus was busy but enough seats for everyone. Only £2.50 return but the driver said that price was only for that week. It was a good service but I'll be trying different routes ( travelling from chipping Sodbury ) 

1 hour ago, ECA reds said:

Me and my boy tried it for the 1st time. Arrived at bris p+r and straight on bus at 1320. It took 45 min to get to the ground (bad traffic and rd works). On return journey got to bus stop at 1730. Had about a 10 min wait and got back to bris at 1815. Bus was busy but enough seats for everyone. Only £2.50 return but the driver said that price was only for that week. It was a good service but I'll be trying different routes ( travelling from chipping Sodbury ) 

Any idea how much it will be normally? 

We got on the 13:00 bus, took 50 minutes to get to The Gate. Coming back, bus was waiting, straight on ( nice to see driver wearing a city shirt). Back in Brislington by 17:30.

Only complaint, for the Wigan game, they said all travel passes were valid, student cards etc. This time told they were not valid on the football specials. So had to pay the full £4 return for each of the two girls I go with!

Wont use it again. 45 minutes from Brislington to AG. Bus went through the busiest way possible. Would have been quicker to just continue on driving really.

On return. Got to the bus stop at about 5:10. Waited 10 minutes and thought why wait? So took a 25 minute walk to Temple Meads and got the P&R bus free to Brislington and got there by 6.

Will not be doing it again

So, I to have used this service and thought I would try another option on Saturday. 

1) drove to Bris p and r (from emersons green) and caught bus to the gate.

65 minute journey time. This was for the Wigan game. 

2) caught the x48 from sainsburys at emersons green and caught the x3 from the centre (1 min walk from x48 stop) and got off at winterstoke road.

45 minute journey time, Newcastle game. So anyone who travels from this area I would suggest the number 2 option :) 

if folks have the option to download the uk bus checker app! Download, as I find this very useful. 

1 hour ago, harrys said:

I would imagine when the new road opens later in the new year it would go that way and should drop the time down dramatically and on the plus side it would be the scenic route taking in the sights of Knowle West , Hartcliffe and Withywood

Blimey you need to get out more!

Got the 1pm bus from the park and Ride.. Was charged £4!  Bus left at 1.10pm.. Probably 50-60 people on board.

Got to ground at 2pm, would have been earlier but for temporary traffic lights in St John's lane. 

After match just got to bus stop to see a bus rammed pull away 5.10pm. Had to wait unto 5.50 for next one, but back at Brislington at 6.15

Not great hanging around for 40 mins in the rain!

Would I use it again.. Yes....But I'd try and hurry out to get one of the 5pm bus. (not leaving early though!)  It was good not having to drive around Duckmore Road looking for a space!

I moan. A lot. But thought the service was okay. Yes it left late but traffic in Bris area is bad all the time and with the ridiculous amount of roadworks all over Bristol there is always going to be delays. 

I left once the final whistle went (Newcastle game) had a brisk walk to the bus and there were 2 waiting. Yes they were busy but that is always going to be the case. 

On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 17:49, harrys said:

I would imagine when the new road opens later in the new year it would go that way and should drop the time down dramatically and on the plus side it would be the scenic route taking in the sights of Knowle West , Hartcliffe and Withywood

You're missing the best bits. If I take the 24, I get to see Lockleaze:o

On 22 August 2016 at 20:27, bs3 said:

My mate used the Portway Park and ride . He said he flew in and got to ground in no time at all. 

We used the Portway P&R...and it did move swiftly. That bus lane down the Portway is an asset! Will be using it again.

On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 22:50, ojjy said:

Got the 1pm bus from the park and Ride.. Was charged £4!  Bus left at 1.10pm.. Probably 50-60 people on board.

Got to ground at 2pm, would have been earlier but for temporary traffic lights in St John's lane. 

After match just got to bus stop to see a bus rammed pull away 5.10pm. Had to wait unto 5.50 for next one, but back at Brislington at 6.15

Not great hanging around for 40 mins in the rain!

Would I use it again.. Yes....But I'd try and hurry out to get one of the 5pm bus. (not leaving early though!)  It was good not having to drive around Duckmore Road looking for a space!

Sounds like you were on the same 2 as me. Well I was waiting for the  one you caught at 5.50 but I walked to temple meads and caught a bus to P&R and got there by 6, they need more buses.

3 hours ago, Turbored said:

Thats what i thought as £4 per person is just too much when you have a car full of people , or even just two of you... 

I usually Park near the ground but it's becoming harder and harder to find spaces close enough.

Hopefully this service will continue to improve, ie. More buses for return journey!

£4 is the standard day return in Bristol so not too bad really.

4 minutes ago, ojjy said:

I usually Park near the ground but it's becoming harder and harder to find spaces close enough.

Hopefully this service will continue to improve, ie. More buses for return journey!

£4 is the standard day return in Bristol so not too bad really.

Agreed it is getting harder but if your there by about half one - quarter to 2 you should have no probs and that gives time for a pint and a bite to eat.

Probably use the P+R at Portway when i cant get there at a reasonable time or running late due to other things getting in the way.

Archived