IGNORED

Dundee In Adminstration

Rule The Waves

Dundee have been forced into administration with debts of more that £13million. All 20 playing staff have been released, including Fabrizio Ravanelli and George Burley.

Shame, but seems as though they have become a victim of their own ambition, much like Leeds. Burley and Ravanelli don't come cheap but aren't really up to scratch.

just about to write the same thing- Dundee (and Celtic) is my Scottish team...but WHEN WILL CLUB'S LEARN!!!

It's shear stupidity and irrisponsibility. You can NOT spend money you don't have. If you haven't got the money to pay the wages or to buy the players you can't do it...tough!!! Yes, by all means, take out minor loans if done wisely to help- but learn when to stop.

At first read of the Dundee story on http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...dee/3286019.stm

it sounds just the same as Leeds, Palace etc.

People have a little success, go mental, spend money they do not have and live to regret it.

I feel sorry for the fans but not for those IDIOTS that are in charge.

Ravanelli is apparently trying to prompt Di Steffano into buying the club, he was supposed to be they guy taking over Northampton last season and now has something to do with Dundee, but seems to be keeping his cash in his pockets until the time is right!!

I guess now is as good a time as any :Confused13:

I went to the Rangers vs Aberdeen game on the weekend and in Rangers starting 11 there was not one Scottish player and only one British player. In there first team squad for the game there was one Scottish player (Steven Thompson)

What usually happens at clubs like Rangers and Celtic is they have academies which are very heavily dominated by Scottih players. When it comes to first team level these players are deemed to not be good enough so are usually shipped out to clubs like Motherwell etc to make way for the foreignors.

It is because of this system that the Scottish squad is so awful. If the SFA wish to go forward they need to introduce some sort of legislation to clubs in the SPL as to how many Scottish players they need to have in their squads.

It is because of this system that the Scottish squad is so awful. If the SFA wish to go forward they need to introduce some sort of legislation to clubs in the SPL as to how many Scottish players they need to have in their squads.

Isn't there some sort of problem with the european laws on restraint of trade that prevents this action? :Confused13:

Its a tricky situation though. I'm all for Celtic having regularly playing Scottish players but at the end of the day if they are good enough than they will get a chance.

With the recent building of Murray Park for Rangers, and the succeses of Celtic's youth sides, I'm pretty sure there will be good young talent coming through.

In all honesty though its an impossible situation for the non-old firm teams, they have to bring in foreigners to try an compete in someway with celtic and rangers, but this is always doomed to fail.

There is also one or two handy players that have been released by Dundee (Nemsadze and Cabellero have both been linked with the old firm), but obviously taking on willsbridge reds comments that the Scottish leagues are devoid of talent- i wont be expecting city to approach any of them... :Cheeky22:

Isn't there some sort of problem with the european laws on restraint of trade that prevents this action? :Confused13:

Well the spl actually did bring in the u-21 rule (that SPL teams must have two players under the age of 21 in each match squad). That was originally brought in to help clubs nuture the young (preferably scottish) talent that they had: however this system has some down sides. Almost exclusively in the old firm, decent scottish players, who have been in many celtic or rangers teams, have found themselves left out once they hit 22. Players like Mark Burchill have had to move away once they hit this age, stunting their ability to improve as players at either celtic or rangers.

As well as this Rangers managed to get around the rule almost, by signing Mikel Arteta. As well as him being probably their star player, he was only 20 years of age- meaning he would be playing anyway- and also taking up one of the 'nuisance' u-21 spots....

It appears that the SPL is going the same way as the Premiership.

It would be interesting to know what the ratio of foreign players to Scottish players is in the SPL and what has been the effect on the national team.

The Scottish national team!? Does it really matter, they've always been pants anyway haven't they :clap::P

Guest pogue mahone

Is it a power struggle between the Marrs and GDS? Are they trying to call his bluff in an attempt to get shot of him? Have the Marrs done a deal with the bank, in order to save their other companies? Does GDS actually have any money?

One of the most persistent rumours has it that following a short period of administration, the Marrs have a consortium ready to step in and buy the club. Whether this is legally possible or not, I don't know, but is having the Marrs still in control a good thing. Yes, they "saved" the club in 97, but they have also been in charge throughout the period of debt accumulation.

As for GDS, if you had £26 million would you invest it in a small club in a small league? At the time of his first involvement, the debt was supposedly £13 million. Half of his investment would have been needed to pay the debt. Does it make sense to make such an investment in what is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a money-making exercise? And if the Marrs do manage to get rid of him, I don't think he's going to go quietly.

I don't know if they're going to pull out of this. At the very least, they're going to lose all their best players and probably for sweetie money. People say "Look at Motherwell, they've done alright", but Motherwell had only one major creditor, Dundee have Christ knows how many.

The Scottish Cup Final, the UEFA Cup, 3rd in the league, then administration.

"Is it a power struggle between the Marrs and GDS? Are they trying to call his bluff in an attempt to get shot of him? Have the Marrs done a deal with the bank, in order to save their other companies? Does GDS actually have any money?"

My dad in law reckons that this is behind it all, whatever the truth of it all-8,000 ish gates aint going to help, we are £1.8-9m in debt on 10,000 ish gates, and not paying Prem wages.. :Confused13:

Good old supporters shafted all ways up eh??

Puts th Wilson saga in perspective....3 Div 2 clubs, several in Div 1, and the English Prem, and Dundee wont be the last up in Scotland. :clap:

Bet Man Ure, Chelski, Rangers and Celtic fans wont give a toss in the main though..... :Confused13:

Bet Man Ure, Chelski, Rangers and Celtic fans wont give a toss in the main though....

Both Rangers and Celtic have money problems of thier own actually.

Don't know the exact figures but Rangers especially had to cut their wage bill drastically within the past 2 seasons and I think I'm right in saying Celtic had to s#### plans to further develop Parkhead.

Archived