IGNORED

southampton tickets

caseyeverett300

17 minutes ago, caseyeverett300 said:

crazy when you consider how much tickets was for the newcastle match

Screenshot_20160826-195046.png

Have to disagree.

Its all over supply and demand. Although its European football, playing Sheva is the same as us playing a 1st round league cup game at home against a L2 side (say Stevenage) - not because of how good Sheva are, but because of the relative attraction. We'd get a low attendance, they'd get a low attendance for that. Sparta Prague, although a 'name' are not big enough to be attractive as well. So the game is Inter, and they'd sell that out at normal (lower) match day prices. 

We priced the Newcastle tickets and they sold. They have to price their tickets at this level or you're asking for a 1/4 full St Marys for the non Inter games.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Have to disagree.

Its all over supply and demand. Although its European football, playing Sheva is the same as us playing a 1st round league cup game at home against a L2 side (say Stevenage) - not because of how good Sheva are, but because of the relative attraction. We'd get a low attendance, they'd get a low attendance for that. Sparta Prague, although a 'name' are not big enough to be attractive as well. So the game is Inter, and they'd sell that out at normal (lower) match day prices. 

We priced the Newcastle tickets and they sold. They have to price their tickets at this level or you're asking for a 1/4 full St Marys for the non Inter games.

Don't agree with the that, it's still a major European competition no matter who they are playing.

9 minutes ago, Super said:

Don't agree with the that, it's still a major European competition no matter who they are playing.

In theory but the practice is somewhat different. Thinking of similar sized clubs, Hull didn't sell out when they played in Europe in 2014. Birmingham, other than the most attractive game (Bruges) struggled in 2012 - Maribor game for example was 2/3 full despite the tickets being £7.50 or £15. There were even 10,000 unsold seats for Man City vs Juventus recently. This is the pricing they have to do, or end up with home advantage being anything but

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

For Europa League read Johnstone Paint. Early rounds with little interest but picks up well toward the end of the competition. 

Maybe to a big club but when we make it in 5 years no matter who we play the ground will be full!

1 hour ago, Super said:

So you think the stadium would sell out if they didn't do a deal? These are fans who are watching Premier League football week in, week out.

Plus Southampton are making huge amounts of money from the new TV deal, so they can afford to do this.

8 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`ve got a mate who`s a Saints STH and she is really excited about being in Europe for the first time in her life and doesn`t really care who they`re playing. I`d like to think we`d be the same under the circumstances.

Does her ST include Europa league or cup games?

I ask because though they are extremely over priced, I know the Arsenal ST include the first 7 home games in cup competitions, European and domestic which is decent- though doesn't justify the price

15 hours ago, City169 said:

Does her ST include Europa league or cup games?

I ask because though they are extremely over priced, I know the Arsenal ST include the first 7 home games in cup competitions, European and domestic which is decent- though doesn't justify the price

I`m not sure mate, I`ll ask her next time I speak to her.

Archived