IGNORED

Denis Begovic

Paul Cheesey

50 minutes ago, PaulCheesley said:

Apologies if this has already been discussed as it definitely passed me by but I had a message from a friend who's on the board at FK Sarajevo that we've signed Asmir Begovic's brother as a keeper for our under 18's. 

Good business if he turns out to be as good as his brother. 

Hold on. I think you need to explain the circumstances that have led to you having a friend on the board of FK Sarjevo, there must be a story there

PS good knowledge

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Confirmed on transfermarkt, could be a good signing if ability runs in the family. Interestingly, he has dual Bosnia-Herzegovinian / Canadian nationality.

I'm no club historian but I can confidently say we've never had a joint Bosnian-Canadian national playing for us! 

9 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm no club historian but I can confidently say we've never had a joint Bosnian-Canadian national playing for us! 

Who also seems to be fluent in German. His elder brother Asmir is fluent in Bosnian, German, English and French.

With all these linguists arriving, will any Bristolian dialect be understood by our squad?

Just now, cidered abroad said:

Who also seems to be fluent in German. His elder brother Asmir is fluent in Bosnian, German, English and French.

With all these linguists arriving, will any Bristolian dialect be understood by our squad?

Always got Joe and Bobby to teach them that. :yes:

Don't know if this has been discussed anywhere, but are we likely to see more "European" signings (BH have applied for EU membership) in the next few windows.

Will new incoming EU born players have to meet the rest of the world player criteria? 

2 hours ago, reddevon said:

Don't know if this has been discussed anywhere, but are we likely to see more "European" signings (BH have applied for EU membership) in the next few windows.

Will new incoming EU born players have to meet the rest of the world player criteria? 

Yes, players currently in England are given a work permit, and players being signed have to apply as soon as article 50 is triggered.

16 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Yes, players currently in England are given a work permit, and players being signed have to apply as soon as article 50 is triggered.

So we could see a bit of a mad rush in January if everyone thinks article 50 will be triggered in March or has something been put in place to prevent that.

Archived