IGNORED

Security

Izza

Just as a heads up to the security staff, they asked to check my bag (which has 4 zip pockets), I opened the top one, which the steward looked in, and as I was about to open the others, he said "That's alright." and sent me on my way.

Not sure it'd be that hard to smuggle something in. Obviously unlikely anything serious would ever happen at AG, and getting checked can be a bit of an annoyance, but don't see the point in them doing so if they're not going to do their job properly. Some of them seem to feel as annoyed by it as some fans and do it half-heartedly just to show they're "doing their job".

I was talking to a steward in the Atyeo a year or two back and asked him why he occasionally picked `older` types to pat down and let others who, to coin a phrase, fitted the profile of someone who might cause trouble in without it. He told me that their instructions were to be random and that they were watched on CCTV the whole time so had, as he put it, `search an old git like you every now and again to show we are being`.

Ive found the bag searches much less this year.  Last season and indeed previous seasons you were met with the same stewards week after week who insisted the bags being opened, things removed, the bag throughly felt and you were asked if you had cans, bottles, sharp objects and occasionally fireworks! I must admit I hit a bit fed up with this week after week they hadn't found anything and still the search. Yes I understood why, but surely a bit of common sense. I do bring in a bag with a bag of sweets and a drink, camera, but not much else.

All last season I wasn't searched once when attending every rugby match. This season I've not been searched until yesterday, I opened bag and held it out, yup he said that's ok, didn't even look!  I guess just the fact I was willing to be searched was good enough. 

I went in at about 12.45 yesterday from Winterstoke Road. No search, no security. Then went back out to KFC, and back in again using the same route at about 14.00 - security present, searched. Don't mind getting searched at all, but the same standard should be adopted as soon as access is open.

7 minutes ago, shamussy said:

More worrying was the amount of time it took to get the guy celebrating our 2nd goal off the pitch. He was clearly just having fun but took about 3 mins to get him off...

See the Stewards thread below for an explanation.

Archived