IGNORED

MOTM

redfieldred

lm not saying this about yesterday, but it seems a little unfair that a player can score a tap in and make one pass for a goal and win motm, while another player can run the midfield and get the team in attacking positions over and over again while neutralising a lot of the other teams attacking threat, and the be overlooked. 

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I personally don't count shots that the keeper saves as an assist but get your point

If it's such a strong shot that all the keeper can do with it is an ineffectual parry providing a goal scoring opportunity for another player then I'd call that an assist, but it's not a deliberate assist which is probably where you're coming from.

4 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Flint was MoM, it must be hard sometimes being a defender and often overlooked for such accolades. Can't recall Flinty missing a header, can't recall Tammy winning one.

Tammy's playing up top on his own, so winning headers/flick ons is futile. He's under instruction to hold the ball up, where possible. Similar to when Adebola fulfilled a similar role and was slated for not winning headers!

Most casual fans come for goals. You'll find bias for a lot of attacking players because they are the ones selling the tickets. Not many are coming down to see Gary O'Neil. He had a wonderful games and was probably our most influential player but most kids and non regulars will be talking about Tammy, Tomlin and Bryan. I've got no problem with this. We all for the most part agree who was terrific. Tammy had a really good game. Played up top on his own against two CBs that were playing premier league football last year. He held it up well at times, tried to get in behind a few times to keep them honest, scored and assisted. 

Thought the Tammy / Bryan goal was the best of the game.. watched it a few times now and think the pass, run and finish would have beaten defenders in most teams. Reid and Bryan both look to move the ball quickly or run at players causing them to trackback/panic and it's nice to see such confidence and direct play, I can only assume this is what the Academy is instilling in players.

Archived